Chapter 9:

Snow White stood in front of a grave. Tears flowed from his eyes.

"My dear Snow White... I'm very sorry," a familiar voice sighed.

The Evil Queen moved towards her enemy and stood beside her.

"It's all your fault..." whispered Snow.

Regina laughs.

"Don't be so cruel... remember why he died?"

Snow turned her head to Regina and shook her, guessing an answer other than she knew before.

"No no no..."

"Yes indeed. He died sacrificing himself for you, he asked me to take his heart and burn it to ashes," Regina explained.

"But why?" Snow White asked, puzzled.

"Because he and I made a deal... I swore I wouldn't hurt you if he let me kill him."

"Really... ?" whispered the hunter.

"Yes," Regina hissed.

"Wait... why did you accept? I thought you wanted me dead!" Snow White exclaimed.

"It is true that your death would have satisfied me, but destroying someone's happiness, destroying their true love satisfies me even more."

Snow White said nothing, anger rising in her.

"I have a question..."

"Yes?"

"Why did you release me?" asked the hunter, puzzled.

"I made a deal with Rumplestiltskin and only if I let you go that I got what I wanted," Regina explained.

"What do you mean?"

"If I released you, the Savior would give me his prisoner, Captain Hook to go and get me something of value to me..." Regina replied.

"And now you're going to leave me alone? Leave me in peace?" the hunter asked, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"No."

"What?"

"I may have made a deal, but I'm not Rumplestiltskin. I break a pact however I want to," the Evil Queen informed her.

She smiles.

"However, I will not kill you. You are going to do it yourself."

"Sorry?" Snow White asked, puzzled.

The young woman laughed softly, not believing it, and Regina made a very red apple appear in her hands.

"What I asked Captain Hook is not this apple, no... it's what's inside: a poison allowing a person to fall asleep in a deep and long sleep..." specified the Queen.  .

"And you think I'm going to eat this apple? Do you think I'm stupid enough to fall asleep?" asked the young woman, a smile on her lips.

"I don't think so, I know. I don't think you're stupid to succumb to it, no... I think you want to... am I right? Look at you, Snow White! Why stay alive?  You are only consumed with grief... you have no taste for life now... and you have given up all hope..." Regina whispered.

Regina brought the apple close to Snow White's face and Snow White said nothing, knowing that the Evil Queen was right.

"You and your husband have always told each other that you will always find each other... and now I think it's time you found him," Regina added.

The hunter's hand approached the apple without hesitation. She stared at her and sighed.

"You know... I think you're right. I have no reason to stay and I might as well die for a revenge that you dream so much to satisfy... but know one thing: neither that, nor all the deaths you have taken, nor your status as Queen, nor your subjects under your control, order will fill that void you have within you: a void filled with sorrow, anger and darkness," Snow White said.

Regina said nothing, not paying attention to her enemy's words. The hunter sighed again, tears streaming from her eyes.

"What I do, I pay homage to all the people who died, a sacrifice to save the villagers. It is the Hero who triumphs at this point by leaving their lives spared, sacrificing himself in their place... and the Villain becomes the coward having only the power to show himself powerful."

The Evil Queen sneered, not believing it.

"Yes, indeed, I lost hope. But I have to get used to it... good has lost, evil has finally won..." added Snow.

And the young woman bit the apple in front of Regina's smiling face.

Snow White closed her eyes and collapsed to the ground, letting the fruit drop. The Evil Queen smiles.

She had won.

{ In the forest }

Emma and Hook were walking in the forest, not knowing where to go. Indeed, Hook remembered his girlfriend which only lit up the crescent moon displayed on Emma's face.

"I'm relieved you're okay," Emma informed him.

"Me too. The Crocodile did nothing to you and that reassures me. Really," Hook replied.

"He just tried to rip my heart out... but don't worry, I'm fine," Emma reassured, seeing her boyfriend tense up.

"I did... but the Evil Queen was kind enough to return it to me after I got the poison from her," Killian informed him, smiling.

"Wait... we have to tell Regina and Mary-Margaret!  We need to get out of this world as quickly as possible, no matter I've been freed by Belle, the Dark One will find me, I know."

Killian raised an eyebrow.

"Why did Belle release you, she remembered you?"

"No, but she found out that Gold was not the Savior and she did not want to kill me so she released me to make it more difficult for her, let's say..." explained the Savior.

"I'm glad to remember you. I missed you," Killian said, taking Emma's hand.

"I think it's because of true love. True love can break all spells as well as curses,"!Emma reminded.

"I see you listened well to Henry," Killian said, smiling.

The couple laughs.

"We have to find Regina and Mary-Margaret... and then we'll find a way home."

"Indeed. We'll go home," Killian whispered.

"I hope Henry is doing well... if he saw me in this dress, he would say that I am now a real fairytale princess!" Emma exclaimed, smiling.

Her boyfriend smiled back, but Emma's glee vanished at Hook's worry.

"Finally, if he wakes up..."

The couple stopped walking and Killian sighed.  Suddenly, a sparkle lit up in his eyes.

"Wait, Emma, ​​I think I have the cure..."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out Poseidon's shell. Emma smiled and took it gently.

"Yes that's it! Thanks, Killian," the relieved young woman sighed.

"I've always been drawn to treasures and this one I wasn't going to let down," the pirate said, smiling.

The couple continued on their way until they found themselves in a clearing. In the center was placed a coffin and seven dwarves were around; the only ones who haven't given up on Snow White. Emma opened her mouth but no sound came out.

So she approached the coffin in front of the puzzled air of the dwarves.

"Who are you?"!asked Prof.

"My name is Emma and I would like to say goodbye to her. Say goodbye to my mom."

The dwarves stared at the Savior in shock.

"Snow White doesn't have a daughter!" cried Grumpy.

Immediately, the dwarves all spoke at once as Emma stared into her mother's straight face. Tears beaded at the corners of his eyes.

"Mom..." she whispered in a broken voice.

Hook approached the dwarves.

"Shut up! A little silence please! Let Princess Emma wake up her mother," the man said.

Emma smiled and stared at Hook.

"How do you know it's gonna work?"

"Her prince charming might not be there to wake her up... you're the Savior so I guess it will work. I believe in you," her boyfriend replied.

"And as Savior, do I have to save the people I love most?" Emma asked, smiling.

"Exact. On the other hand, I better not watch, I'll be jealous," Hook joked, smiling.

"You may have been through a lot, but you haven't lost your sense of humor," said the Savior, smiling.

Emma let the dwarves open the coffin and she put her lips to her mother's forehead.

A force field swept through the forest and Snow White opened her eyes, puzzled. She straightened up and stared at Emma.

"Emma... it's you!"

Her daughter smiled and burst into tears, moved.

"You remember... you remember me."

Mother and daughter hugged, happy to see each other again.

"Whatever happens, I will always remember you, my dear," Snow White said.

They loosened their grip when Prof exclaimed:

"Snow White... you... you woke up!"

The other dwarves started to speak but the woman cut them off.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. We'll see each other again, don't worry,"!Mary-Margaret informed them.

Then Snow White climbed out of the coffin and approached Hook, followed by Emma. The pirate curtsied.

"Majesty, it's good to see you again."

"I'm not Queen in this world," Snow White informed her.

"But in the other one, you are," Hook replied, smiling.

"Let's go get Regina," the hunter informed them.

But before heading deeper into the forest, heading for the Evil Queen's castle, Emma asked the question that had been burning her lips since she had found Hook:

"How come you found your memories?" she asked.

The two people fell silent, not knowing the answer.