01.) Bad News

~~~Apollos 4/10/1953

I wonder what excuse I'm going to give her, what I did was way beyond what I said. I said I wouldn't kill him, I said I'm going to bring him back safely. I said all of that and here I am with a bloody stake in my hand after I spent hours torturing him. What am I going to tell Queen Lilith?

The truth I think to myself, I killed him because of his crime. I killed him for turning children into vampires, no matter how right he thought he was, there was no peace for these kids. He turned them into vampires because they were dying of cancer, and he helped them. That's not why I killed him though, it's what I saw. I call Anastasia into the room, and I tell her to look in the box.

"It's okay, I already opened the box," I say calmly, ready for this day to end, she opens the box, and then she closes it. It's then that she goes grabbing all sorts of flammable items. She starts to douse the area with the chemicals. I see how angry it's made her, with each motion of her hand you see the hate coming out of her. I hear her cursing under her breath, I walk out of the building. The faint smell of smoke let me know she smoked a cigarette once she took the kids to a safe house.

I sigh as I walk towards a payphone. I load it up with a few coins, and then I wait. It rings a few times and I take a deep breath. In mid sigh I hear her 'Hello?' I scratched my eyebrow as I said "I found your guy." 'Yeah, what happened? Will he be joining us?' My silence confirms everything, 'what did you find?' She says jumping to the point. "I found pictures of kids,"

'Pictures?' I keep hesitating, what I saw was enough to send me back to World War II. It had been 2 years now, 2 years since I killed Hans. 2 years and 50 days, and seeing that just made me want to kill him. I am no stranger to killing, but children always crossed a line for me The dark thoughts filled my mind, I had no choice but to think about them I looked into their minds because they had no telepathic protection, I remember punching him over and over again but once I looked at his face.

"They were all naked mom, they were all asleep. He even had pictures with his hands in their--"
I stopped myself I saw the condition of the kids I saw what he had done. "Queen Lilith he was a bad man and I took my time killing him and I'm willing to take any punishment you're going to give me I'm not going to explain myself to you." I hang up the phone before she can even respond I knew she was going to be pissed.

I looked around the fields of the doctor's house, he lived in a suburban neighborhood. He had a decent house and he had plenty of space, he was roughly 300 years old and studied medical science since he was human. I took my time making sure each of the children was okay. Their minds had been irrevocably changed and there was nothing where I could do for them. 'Let us go.' I got to the car, and we made our way to the hotel. The hotel was expensive $150 a night. The beds were out of this world but they couldn't compare to the ones back at home.

As we get to our room, I pull the key out to open the door. The kids were going to have to be dealt with I think to myself, and I was going to have to have them filtered into the kingdom's system. The only person who could get close to children and not look too much like an outsider was Priscilla. She'll be able to talk to them and see where their minds are at. I can see in their eyes they've lost their innocence, and I accept that there's nothing I can do for them.

How many days like this have gone by? I take a deep sigh as I prepare to meet Priscilla. I was frustrated and I also was hot as hell, I don't care what you say a vampire in this Georgia heat does not mix. As we're sitting in a small town, I feel myself filled with anger. I think about what could have happened to Jordani, my baby boy. With Anastasia, I managed to build a family, and I managed to have some form of normalcy.

'Mr?' I hear one of the kids call to me. The boy was at least 6 years old, it was then that I saw his fangs drawn. 'Mr I'm hungry.'I see all of their little eyes, they're all looking at me. What am I going to do? This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I've never dealt with a vampire child, I knew I was going to need help.