C h a p t e r T e n

When practice ended everyone packed up and got changed for school. Like usual you and Lev walked to class together and sat down.

"It's (l/n), right?" you looked to your classmate that was standing next to your desk.

"Please just call me (y/n) I'm not used to being referred to as my last name."

"Oh sorry, ok so, (y/n). I saw you with the volleyball team, oh I'm Riko by the way. But umm, do you play or are you just the manager?"

"Oh, well I'm just the manager but I've played for years. Why?"

"Well I was thinking about joining the girls team but I don't remember much about it. I haven't actually played for a while and I was just wondering if you could refresh me on a few things." she seemed nice enough so you agreed to work with her during lunch.

She was a good player but just didn't know all of the rules so she learned quickly.

"I have an idea. The boys have practice today after school and they are gonna work on a three by three game. You should watch and I'll explain more then!" you proposed.

"Would that be ok?" she looked worried.

"Yes definitely! We can walk together to the gym after class." she nodded and the bell rang so the two of you headed back.

"(y/nnnnn)" Lev flopped on your desk, "where were you, I wanted to practice but you weren't with Kenma or Kuroo." you sighed.

"I was with Riko, oh and she's gonna watch the team practice today." he sat back up.

"Ok." After school you, Lev, and Riko all went to the gym. Lev ran in first to let everyone know there would be an extra person and that meant you had time to say a few warnings about the team.

"Just to let you know they are total nerds, loud, smelly, and stupid. So don't let them get to you." she laughed.

"How can someone be stupid and a nerd at the same time?" she smiled trying to hold back more laughter.

"I have no idea but they found a way. Let's go." when you opened the door Kuroo was already towering over the both of you. "Oh boy." you said under your breath.

"Hello miss manager and pretty friend." he winked at her.

"This is Kuroo."

"Ya, but you can call me anytime." you physically cringed from his remark.

"Holmium." you murmured. Yaku walked over and Kuroo looked at you.

"What." he said.

"Holmium." you repeated louder. "You are just Holmium."

"Pftt." Yaku tried not to say anything.

"No I'm not!" Kuroo pleaded.

"Yes you are!"

"Nobelium!"

"Silicon!" Yaku erupted into laughter along with a few of the others.

"You're impossible." he turned around "ok guys! Get into teams." the boys all broke off and you sat with Riko on the bench while you pointed out everyone to her.

"So by everyone is a nerd you meant yourself too?" she giggled.

"I suppose so." you watched them play and answered all of her questions the best you could.

"Wait why was that their point?" she wanted to know.

"Well, the setter attacked from the back. That means when the team rotated he was in the back row and attempted a setter dump. It's just a mistake that is common when the setter becomes stressed."

"Oh, ok!"

"Lev! Bring your elbows in and direct it with your hips!" you shouted.

"He's in our class right?"

"Ya, we sit next to each other."

"Nice."
You went back to watching the boys play. It was match point and if they got this Lev's team would win. Unfortunately the ball was headed right to him and he had no choice but to receive. It's not like it was a real game so they didn't need to win but you knew that if he missed this there would be serious damage to his ego. You clenched your fist but he dropped his hips and guided the ball to the setter. You stood up. It continued to be tossed to Yamamoto and they scored. Lev just stood there with no expression. He turned to you slowly and began to walk over you began to jog and jumped into his arms.

"Oh my god, I did it. And it went in the right direction!" he spun you around.

"I'm so proud of you!" you clung to him and the rest of the team tackled you two.

"Lev how did you do that!"

"That was so cool!"

"That was definitely a flook."

"Oh come on Kenma, give him a shot!" you all got up and Lev realized that you were holding his hand. You looked down and blushed before taking it back. He was red too and ran back to shake hands with the other team. You headed back to Riko.

"I'm sorry, he sucks at receiving and that was a really big moment for him." you smiled and sat down.

"I know I hardly know you two but. Ship."

"What." you could feel your face heating up.

"Oh come on! You like him." she teased.

"That's a topic for another time."

"Hmm." the team packed up and you began to walk home with Lev.

"Thank you." he said.

"For what?"

"Well two things I guess."

"What is it?"

"Well, one; for helping me learn even if it was just a flook. And well." he fidgeted with his thumbs. "Actually, nevermind."

"You know you can tell me anything."

"Ya, I just need to think about it more. I'm sorry." he blushed.

"Well. Ok. Take your time I guess." you could tell he was uncomfortable so you didn't want to push it even though you wanted to know what he wanted to say. You said bye and walked into your house and he went to his.