C h a p t e r T w o

On the tour he pointed out all the necessities including your classroom, the gym, and a few others while still being able to catch up with you. It turns out that he was the captain of the boys volleyball team and you told him how you were on your middle school team for the first year but had to quit because the people annoyed you way too much. After a full trip around the school he dropped you off in front of your class and ran over to his.

You knocked on the door before the teacher came over and let you in. she flashed you a quick smile before turning to the class and grabbing their attention, "starting from today we have a new student, this is (f/n) (l/n) from America." you heard all of the students chatter among themselves as the teacher told you where to sit, "in the back there is a student named Lev Haiba, Haiba, raise your hand." you turned to see a gray haired boy waving at you from across the room. You bowed to your new teacher and made your way to the empty seat. You sat down and got all of your stuff situated.

"Hey I'm Lev!" the boy reached his hand out to you and you shook it with a smile. 'Wow he has big hands' you couldn't help but think about it. 'Dang she is so small' Lev thinks to himself, the two of you held hands a bit longer than you should and you pulled your arm back apologizing for nothing major. "Oh, ha, ya... umm sorry haha." he was turning red and reached into his bag to grab a pen.

The two of you didn't talk much after that besides you asking an occasional question and him giving a quick reply. Before you knew it it was time for lunch. You packed your things and left the classroom.

"(y/n)" you turned around to see Kuroo standing next to the door, "do you want to sit with me and Kenma for lunch?" you flashed him a smile.

"Sure!" the two of you walked together to the crowded lunch area and sat down at a table with Kenma already waiting.

"Kenma, I'm sure you remember (y/n)." Kuroo poked his arm, Kenma looked up from his phone before putting his head right back down again, "ya" 'wow he hasn't changed a bit'

You and Kenma were never very close, you almost saw him as a rival trying to steal Kuroo away from you. He had such a bland personality anyways, you never saw yourself ever becoming his real friend. The three of you ate mostly in silence but it never got super awkward, "by the way (y/n) you still like volleyball right?" Kuroo questioned.

"ya, why?"

Kenma groned, "Kuroo she's still new to this school dont force her to do anything" he replied.

"I'm not going to," Kuroo looked back at you, "well our team needs a new manager, our old one is done with us and wont stop complaining about how they want to be replaced. So i was wondering if you wanted to come check out the position."

You didn't know exactly how to respond, "um well, i mean you heard Kenma, I'm still new here and..." you were cut off

"You don't have to do it but i just think it would be cool if you came by the gym after school today to check it out!" Kuroo sounded desperate.

"Sure."

"Oh thank you!" the bell rang and it was time to go back to class.

Deep down you wanted to get back into volleyball but you had no idea how you were supposed to manage a team of people that you didn't know. As you sat down next to Lev he pulled out a pen and paper and wrote down something before passing it to you.

Hey
You looked at the paper and responded.
Hi Habia
Just call me Lev and do you understand any of the science stuff the teacher went over
Ya. Do you need any help?
YES
I can tutor you i guess
PLEASE

You looked over at Lev after reading the last message and nodded at him, he smiled back and you went back to focusing on class. When the bell that signaled the end of the day went off Lev ran off before you were able to get any of his information. It's fine, I can just ask him tomorrow. You walked over to the gym slowly while rehearsing what you were going to say to everyone.

The second you walked into the big room a figure dramatically turned around while saying, "Oh good the new manager is here." they stormed past you while shoving a jacket into your chest and ran outside.

'What'

You had no idea what just happened all you knew was you had no choice but to become Nekoma's boy volleyball team's new manager.