C h a p t e r N i n e

The next morning you had to get up early for morning practice. 'What a drag' you thought as you flung yourself out of bed. When you got to the gym you were surprisingly the first one there so you took the extra time to start setting everything up. You were almost done when the team started to show up saying their hi's.

The boys had to work on receiving and you knew exactly who you had to help. As you started to walk to Lev Yaku stopped you.

"(y/n), do you want me to do it? I don't know how you two wanted to do about the party."

"Oh, it's fine. We decided to forget about it," you paused, "I think, we never actually decided." Yaku tilted his head and flashed a smile.

"If you need any help just grab me."

"Thanks." the two of you split off and you went to Lev.

"Lev." you stopped and when he saw you he grabbed the ball and said hi and passed it back to Fukunaga.

"Can I steal him for a bit?" Fukunaga quickly agreed and tossed you the ball before he found another partner.

"I have some notes for your receiving."

"Ok." 'is he ok?' you wondered.

"So I know you are already good at blocking and spiking but when it comes to receiving you have a bit to do. First try putting your elbows closer and try bumping with your inner arm." you moved your arms to give him an example and he followed. "Good, now hit this back to me."

You tossed him the ball and he hit is, he definitely did. Unfortunately it flew to the other side of the room and you had to chase it. But it made contact with him, and that's still an improvement.

'Why can't i get this?' he questioned. He watched you run after the ball that he sent flying. 'Why is she helping me? I made her uncomfortable. But she's acting like it never happened. Should I forget too?' something hit his foot and he looked up at you.

"Are you ok? It's just you aren't talking at all and it's kinda freaking me out." then it hit you. He was still thinking about the party.

"I'm fi-" you grabbed his hand and led him outside. "What?" you let go.

"Listen. I know what happened on Saturday was weird and I can't stop thinking about it too. But I don't want to be the reason that you aren't paying attention." he looked at you in awe not knowing how to react.

"(y/n)." he looked down at his feet. "I just feel so bad about leaving you and the things I did. I was out of it and you suffered all because of me. I wanted to call you so bad yesterday but I was worried that you would be mad at me and I don't want you to leave me because you are just so fun to be around and I love being your friend." you took his hand into yours.

"Lev. Unless you do something super bad or end up hurting me in a way I won't leave you. You're one of my only friends and I hate studying by myself." he let go of you and thanked you. When you went back into the gym Yaku pulled you over again.

"So what did you figure out? Are you ok? Did he do anything?" you snickered.

"Nothing ever happened, we're just friends." it stung a bit having to say that and he noticed.

"(y/n) I can tell how to feel. But know that if he pulls something like that again and it's against your will I'll give him Hell."

"Thank you." you ran back to Lev who was in the perfect position. You gave him a few balls and none of them went back to you. 'I know our conversation didn't change much but how is he so bad?'

"I don't understand how your position is so good but not a single ball is sent in the right direction."

"I don't either but it's whatever." 

(a/n) these were both so short! I'm sorry!!