Chapter 13: Hallucinations

Adora digs her nails into her palm as the two go inside. They walk past various cells, with the same gas being blown inside.

"I hate this place," Adora mumbles forcing herself to look in each & every cell. Bow looks around nervously, not wanting to get caught in the gas. It happened once before & he doesn't want it to happen again.

"I can't believe this man exists," Bow whispers & Adora nods in agreement.

"It's outrageous," Adora replies until she spots one of the cells open. The two lock eyes before they carefully go over.

"Yeah I exist too," Sea Hawk whispers & Bow frowns.

"Sorry," Bow whispers back earning a glare from Adora.

"In here," A voice says & their eyes widen.

"Shi-"

"Hide!" Adora grabs both of them & they hide behind a pillar. Sea Hawk pokes his head out & watches them. Prime lets someone inside the cell before the door closes.

"We need a plan, right Adora?" Bow asks before noticing the blonde as gone.

"Adora!? Uh oh," Bow whispers looking at Sea Hawk. He frowns while he plays with his mustache. Sea Hawk stands up & offers Bow his hand to which he takes.

"Let's search for your friend!" He cheers pumping his fist in the air.

"Yeah!" Bow agrees before the two walk off. Adora knows she made a mistake abandoning them but she had no choice. She knows what the gas does to people & she didn't want Catra to be stuck in that if that even was her. She approaches the door & takes a deep breath before opening it.

"Catra?" She asks going inside. Sea Hawk & Bow continue to look for her. They lock eyes with worried expressions.

"We need to find her before she does something stupid," Bow says as he continues to look around. Sea Hawk looks around with him before tapping Bow's shoulders.

"She already did," Sea Hawk says pointing in Adora's direction. The two see her entering the cell.

"Why Adora- come on!" Bow says hurrying after her.

"Are we going to die?" Sea Hawk asks as the two approaches the door. Bow looks at him sympathetically before he opens the door.

"Well, then I'll just-" Sea Hawk starts to walk away but hears someone.

"Come on," Bow grabs his arm & drags the poor sailer into the cell.

"Find Adora, get out." Bow mutters as Sea Hawk looks around. I already hate this place. He thinks trying to see through the thick fog. Bow stands close to Sea Hawk, not wanting to get lost again.

"Adora?" He calls out, hoping for a response. Bow glances towards Sea Hawk nervously.

"Where could she be?" He whispers before Sea Hawk notices someone in the distance.

Adora walks around trying to find her. She just knows that was Catra, like a gut feeling.

"Catra?" She asks walking in a random direction. I hate this place. I just want Catra to be ok. She notices someone coming closer so she goes in their direction.

"Catra?" The person turns around, revealing Mara.

"Mara?" Adora asks as her eyes widen. Mara smiles & hugs Adora tightly.

"I've missed you,"

"You were here?!" Adora asks pulling away. Mara nods as Adora's hands ball up. Why didn't I think to come here?! Adora thinks as she moves her hands.

"Prime is going to get it," She mutters starting to walk away. However, Mara grabs her wrist causing her to turn around.

"You don't have to go after him, just stay here," Mara says reaching her hand out. Adora goes to take it but stops herself.

"This doesn't feel right." She says as Mara tilts her head.

"Your not one to give up," Adora mumbles as tears clouded her eyes.

"This isn't real." She runs off, drowning in her own tears.

Catra had given up a while ago. She sits on the cold hard floor, hugging her knees. She doesn't know what this place can do to her, she doesn't mind. To her, this is an escape from her own thoughts. Prime frequently talked about freedom, clear thoughts. Sounded nice to her. Now, she feels cold & alone.

"Will I die here?" She asks quietly, mostly to herself. She hears someone & stands up, preparing for a fight.

"Catra calm down," Her eyes widen as she sees Adora coming towards her.

"What are you doing here?" Catra asks as the two hug.

"Came to keep you company," Adora says while the two sit down. Catra smiles but it soon changes to a frown.

"Do you know how to leave? There has to be a way, since well you got here." Catra asks turning towards Adora. She looks away before she sighs.

"I don't know," Catra looks down, suddenly feeling sad. She misses her cat, her home... Adora. Why do I miss her? She's right here? Catra looks towards Adora before leaning her head on Adora's shoulder.

"Have you ever felt alone?" Catra whispers as Adora slings her arm around Catra's shoulder.

"No, you shouldn't have to feel that way. You're with me." Adora says causing Catra to smile.

"Yeah, I guess your right."

What does the gas do to people?