Chapter 3: Friends?

The Angelic being sticks her hand out towards Catra. Slowly she reaches her hand out before the two shook.

"Uh, nice to meet you? What should I call you?" Catra questions withdrawing her hand.

"Angella, I am the queen of the spirit world."

"Oh, so do you know how to get me out?" Catra asks feeling Adora stare at her but the feeling was weird. She felt her, emotion wise. The stare felt warm & welcoming unlike how they first met.

"I have never encountered a human in the Spirit World. I will ask my counterpart for a meeting to address this but for now, Adora is your guardian."

"What?!" The two ask in unison.

"You are in good hands, I trust you She-ra. Do not get into trouble again." Angella warns before extending her wings & taking flight. Adora stands in complete confusion. I had to take care of her?! Of everything I've done, this has to be the hardest. Adora thinks as she turns around.

"You hate me don't you?" Catra asks feeling guilty. She felt bad knowing that the lady was nice.

"What? I-I uh of course! Obviously!" Adora lies crossing her arms. Catra's expression drops as she turns away.

"Well... I'm sorry for taking your stuff. You seem like a very kind person & what I did was wrong. Here," Catra says taking the shiny red crystal out of her pocket. She turns around & reaches her arm out with the item in hand, waiting for her to take it.

"Thanks," Adora says softly. She takes the amulet, but she doesn't grab it. The item floats over her head & wraps itself around her neck majestically. A bright light appears before quickly fading, revealing that she has become human. Catra stares absolutely shocked by what just happened. What kind of magic does this place contain!? She thinks as Adora turns around to face her.

"Thank you, now I can walk with you," Adora states as Catra nods fighting the blush that threatened to appear on her cheeks. Adora holds her hand out waiting for Catra's to interlock with hers. Catra sighs, but it's not a normal upset sigh. It's more of a sigh for relief. She interlocks her fingers before the two starts walking.

"All spirits have a valuable item that is stored in the human realm. As long as said item stays near their grave they can become..." She stops, gesturing to her own body.

"Human," She finishes as Catra's cheeks heat up. Adora notices her staring so she decides to mess with her.

"The item you get is based on what you did, unlike mine but I'll get into that another time. For a yoga instructor, they could get a yoga mat. To stretch," Adora says bending down to reach her toes. While Adora was demonstrating Catra had her eyes on the blondie's ass.

"Got that?" Adora asks with a knowing grin as she stands straight. Catra blushes hard before she shook her head & crossed her arms.

"Y-Yeah, obviously." Catra mumbles.

"Mhm, let's go," Adora says as the two start walking again.

"So uh did you have friends before your-"

"Death?" Adora finishes, knowing Catra wouldn't be able to finish.

"Yeah, I had a lot actually. What about you?" Adora asks before noticing the look of pain on her face.

"I don't have a lot of friends, don't exactly want any." Catra mumbles as she rubs her arm. She's trying not to act vulnerable but Adora sees right through it. The blonde starts to slow down until she's next to her.

"You don't want any?" Adora asks quietly. Catra shakes her head, crossing her arms. That was until she felt a pair of soft, smooth hands on hers.

"I can be your friend," Adora says staring into her eyes, the answer she wanted was obvious. Catra wanted to say no, but she couldn't. Every moment that was spent looking into her eyes was like trying to get into a club. No ID no entry. She says no she won't stop asking. Catra sighs before nodding slightly.

"Fine-"

"Yes! We are going to be great friends!" Adora says slinging her arm around the girl's shoulder. Catra chuckles as she moves Adora's hand away.

"Don't get too excited princess," Catra says picking up the pace. Adora stays still for a few seconds, her face heating up as she is still hungover what she had just been called before catching up.

"What's the hold-up princess?" Catra asks, seeing Adora appear in the corner of her eyes.

"Nothing, come on I want you to meet someone."