Chapter 8: Dreams

Catra sits in the hot tub watching her pet roll around the floor. She hadn't said a word to Adora since her recent panic attack. Not like she wanted to.

"Catra?" Catra sinks deeper in the tub. Adora plays with her fingers before coming over to her. She doesn't touch her but she sits on the couch.

"Are you mad at me?" Adora asks trying not to cry. She's emotional when people ignore her, especially her friends. Then she blames herself when that's not always the case.

"Not really," Catra says as Adora hugs her knees. She doesn't say a word knowing she might cry trying. Melog notices the tension between the two & hops on the couch. They make their way to Adora before they climb up her legs. Adora moves her hands as Melog lays on her knees. She smiles & starts to pet them, which Melog enjoys greatly. They start purring, bringing stars to the blonde's eyes.

"Hey, buddy," Adora whispers stroking Melog's fur back. The cat relaxes into her touch & changes to a more comfortable position. Catra turns her head & smiles at the two bonding. She feels bad trying to ignore Adora so she changes her position, laying her arms on the rim of the tub.

"Do you... come in?" Catra requests shyly. Both of their faces heat up & Adora nods. She goes to sit up but Melog's claws dig into her pants. Adora winces & she tries to take them out but Melog mews, not wanting to leave.

"Catra..." Adora says, her voice laced with help. Catra chuckles as she stands up in the tub. She steps out & grabs a towel, wrapping it around her. She comes over & sits next to Adora. She dries her hands to the best of her ability before rubbing Melog's stomach. Catra knows how ticklish Melog is making this way easier. Melog's claws retract as they fall onto the couch, still meowing. Adora smiles as Melog flips over & gives Catra a soft glare. She chuckles as Melog jumps off the couch & climbs onto the coffee table before falling asleep.

"You seem to have had them for a while now," Adora says still mildly shocked. Catra nods, before standing back up.

"You're good now," Catra says before going into the kitchen. While she's looking for food she finds cookies on the counter that are somehow still decently warm. She reaches for one before eyeing Adora. She wouldn't mind, right? Catra takes a cookie & walks away. Catra walks down to an empty bedroom & tries it. Not bad. She thinks as she finishes the treat.

"You like it?" Catra screams & glares at Adora who was trying not to laugh.

"Don't," Catra warns as Adora nods. She sighs before coming over to the brunette. Adora sits next to her & smiles warmly. Catra sighs, stands up & nods.

"It was..." She looks away before smiling.

"Good. Thanks, princess," She finishes walking outside. Adora goes into her closet & takes out a two-piece before she strips her clothes off & changes. She stands in front of the mirror & proudly smiles before leaving her bedroom. She makes her way to the tub as Catra swipes another cookie. Adora places her hand over her mouth, not wanting to laugh again. She looked so cute. Adora thinks as she feels the blush rising to her cheeks.

"Hey Catra," Adora finally says & Catra turns around quickly. She blushes & hides the cookie behind her back. Adora chuckles making her way over to Catra.

"Relax, I made those for you anyway," Adora says patting Catra's shoulder. She makes her way to the tub leaving the poor flustered girl on her own. Catra couldn't stop thinking about Adora. She's been on her mind way too much. Catra turns around, eats the cookie & goes to the tub. She sits on the opposite side of Adora & they lock eyes. Neither of them say anything, rather they enjoy each other in comfortable silence. Catra taps her fingers against the rim while Adora lays her arms across the rim. Catra waits, slightly scared of her reaction before she sighs.

"Do you think I'll ever get home?" She asks quietly. Adora lifts her head, surprised by the question before looking down.

"I... I wish I knew the answer to that." Adora responds as Catra slouches in the tub. Adora notices & starts to panic.

"But Angella is very smart! With her counterpart, they can basically do anything." Adora says before she looks down & blushes.

"I guess what I trying to say is I'm sure you'll find a way out," Adora says before she notices Catra had fallen asleep. She smiles & relaxes into the tub.

Catra stands in a house. It wasn't hers, she knows that. She takes a step further inside before hearing fighting. She decides against it & makes her way to the door only to realize there was none. She turns around & sees two adults coming downstairs.

"WELL, IT'S NOT LIKE I LOVED YOU!!" The male shouts storming to the door.

"I DON'T CARE!! GET OUT!!" The female yells as she holds a crying child in her hands.

"GO FUCK YOURSELF!!" The male yells as he sticks his middle finger up. He slams the door shut & the female huffs. Catra turns around & leaves through the front door. The scenery changes & she's in her the same house but it was different. All the furniture was gone except for the couch. The rugs were wrinkled & the house was a mess. Then there was the same female sitting on the couch holding some vodka. She was definitely drunk. When she stood up she stumbles to the kitchen before she sighs.

"I can't do this anymore." She mumbles facing her baby that was asleep in their crib. The female washes her hands before she places the bottle in the trash, where all her other bottles were.

"Tomorrow. Tomorrow it's adoption time."