Chapter 10: Meeting

Adora woke up last. She moves her hands, her intention to bring Catra closer. Only to feel the air. Her eyes shoot open. 

"Catra?!" She jumps out of bed, looking around at the same time.

"CATRA!?" She shouts running outside.

"Adora-" Adora pulls Catra into a tight hug. Confused, Catra hugs back.

"What's wrong princess?" Catra asks turning her attention back to the stove. She was making pancakes, the main reason is she found ten boxes in the cabinet. Adora smiles at the plate filled with multiple light brown pancakes.

"I thought you were in danger," Adora admits as Catra laughs. The two have gotten used to sleeping with each other, considering they've done it for about a week & a half. Adora blushes at the sound of her laughter. No doubt, the warrior has developed feelings for the troublemaker. Though, she'll never admit her feelings to her fellow friend. The last attempt didn't go well at all.

"You don't have to protect me, princess, I can handle myself." Catra whispers, turning the stove off afterward. She slips the spatula under the pancake & lifts it before placing it on the plate. Adora grins before grabbing the whole plate while Catra is distracted with the second pancake. She turns her head & lifts her head in confusion. What happened to the plate? She turns around & notices Adora eating off of it. Half the pancakes are gone & the remainders have syrup on them with whip cream.

"Princess? You know we were supposed to share right?" Catra deadpans as Adora stops eating. She looks up & chuckles, embarrassed she forgot.

"Sorry, I was just hungry," Adora says rubbing her neck nervously. Catra's jaw drops when she glances back at the plate.

"I made twelve, & you ate eight," Catra says glancing at the plate, hoping she did her math correct. Adora's really embarrassed now. She looks down & Catra notices.

"Hey princess, it's ok," Catra says placing her hand on Adora's shoulder comfortingly. Adora looks up & smiles.

"Sorry about that, I just really love pancakes," Adora confesses causing Catra's heart to flutter. She wishes for Adora to love her, the way she loves her. Last night her dream was very... interesting to say the least.

"Catra? You ok, you're very red." Adora asks as Catra shakes her head, being snapped out of her thoughts. Catra steps back before she notices Adora right in front of her. She feels like she can't be allowed to love Adora. She's never felt this way before, plus Adora is dead.

"Catra?" Catra sighs before opening her arms, requesting a hug. Adora smiles & immediately pulls her into her arms.

"Oof, too tight Princess," Catra mutters as Adora loosens her grip, not wanting to harm her close friend. Catra wraps her arms around Adora's back.

"What's wrong?" Adora asks causing Catra to blush.

"Oh, it's nothing," Catra mumbles pulling away. Adora tilts her head but doesn't say anything else. Catra takes some syrup covered pancakes & starts to eat while Adora cleans up her setting. She places her plate in the sink before glancing towards Catra. She's worried for her. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Adora says rubbing to the door. She opens it & sees Bow.

"Angella wanted to say she'll discuss something tonight," Bow says as Adora's expression drops. Bow notices & places both hands on her shoulder.

"What's bothering you?" He asks as Adora looks in Catra's direction. The brunette was watching a murder mystery show on Netflix.

"Oh," Bow follows her gaze & sighs.

"She can't stay forever," Bow whispers & Adora nods as a response.

"I know I just... developed feelings," Adora whispers as Bow's eyes widen. He thinks about laughing but realizes he felt the same with Glimmer. His expression morphs into understanding.

"Hey, look, we don't know if she can even get back. But if she does you can still see her." He says, even though he's still unsure of his own response. Adora will be able to see her, but she can't touch or be seen in the human realm.

"I... look what time tonight."

"Fairly late, around nine pm." Bow informs & Adora glances towards Catra. She sighs before facing Bow, she nods.

"I'll be there," Bow smiles before he starts to walk away. Adora closes the door, turns around, then goes to the couch.

"Hey, Princess," Catra says, still paying attention to the show she is watching. She continues to watch before she looks at Adora. She seems sad, I wonder why. Catra thinks before scooching closer to the blonde.

"What's bugging you?" She asks slinging her arm around Adora's shoulder. Adora moves closer to Catra & rests her head on her shoulder. She doesn't reply & Catra isn't in a hurry to get one. Adora doesn't want to tell her, the reason being that she doesn't want her to leave. She wants Catra to stay with her, so the two can bond more. She likes her company & her personality despite starting on the wrong foot. Adora's position tenses when her thoughts of leaving come back to her.

"Hey, Adora what's wrong?" Catra asks pausing the show & putting her full attention on Adora.

"It's the meeting," Adora whispers, leaning off of Catra's shoulder. 

"What about it? Did you find out the date?" Catra's asks excitedly. Adora hears how happy she is causing tears to fall. Catra turns around about to comfort her but Adora stands up & runs.

"Adora! Come back!" Catra calls out but Adora ignores her. She locks the bathroom door & falls to the floor hugging herself. She starts crying as Catra starts to look for her.

"Adora come out!" Catra shouts walking down the halls. She checks every room & every door. Her hands start to shake each time she finds an empty room. This was her best friend we were talking about, also her love interest. She didn't want to screw this up. She continues to look until she finds the bathroom door locked.

"Adora please, I'm sorry! Tell me what I did!" Catra says leaning against the bathroom door.

"Catra you don't understand!" Adora replies, not moving from her spot.

"Why? Don't understand what Adora?!" Catra asks sliding down the door. She hears Adora crying, making her stomach twist into knots. Catra hugs her knees & cries silently. She realizes what she's done, she hates herself for it. All their time together, gone to waste, just from the tone of her voice.

"I'm sorry Adora,"