Chapter 9: Comfort

Adora had gotten out of the tub a few minutes ago. She didn't want to wake Catra up, mostly because she looked cute & comfortable. That all changes when Adora comes back & she notices Catra is uncomfortable. She doesn't want to wake her up so she sits on the couch. That's until she hears Catra mumble something before she starts crying. Adora stands up & rushes over to comfort her. She places her hand on Catra's shoulder, waking her up. She jumps & grips her hands on the rim of the tub, breathing heavily.

"Catra?! Are you ok?" Adora asks as Catra looks down. She catches her breath before she gets out of the tub. She faces Adora before hugging her tightly. Adora doesn't care if she's getting wet, her main focus is making Catra feel better.

"What happened-"

"My parents. They were fighting & my mom... s-she became an alcoholic!" Catra cries as she hugs Adora tighter. Adora nods as she rubs Catra's back for comfort.

"Anything else?" Adora whispers & she feels Catra shake her head. Catra pulls away before she wipes her eyes.

"S-Sorry I just needed to tell someone." Catra apologizes & Adora shakes her head.

"It's fine. I'll always be there to comfort you." Adora says as kindly as she can. Catra smiles but it soon change into a frown.

"Yeah... always." Catra mumbles, loud enough only for her to hear. Adora stands confused if she said anything or not.

"I'm going to bed," Catra says moving her hands & turning around.

"I-I can sleep with you!" Adora suggests before she starts to blush. She facepalms from her idiocy & faces Catra.

"Uh, what?" Catra asks turning around.

"I just thought you might have nightmares, a-and maybe I could comfort you," Adora says rubbing her arm shyly. She turns around knowing the answer she'll get is no.

"Sure," Adora's blush darkens as she turns back around.

"R-Really!?"

"Yeah, though I like to have space," Catra warns before going into the showers. Adora stands there in shock before a smile appears on her face. She jumps from excitement before she runs into Catra's room. She waits for her to come back only to hear a thunk on the door. Adora stands up & opens the door only to see Melog.

"Oh, hi there!" She says as Melog sits on her feet. She chuckles before she lifts them & carries them to the bed. They jump out of her arms & start to get comfortable. They really are cute. Just like Catra- wait I can't like her like that! She'll be leaving- is she? I don't even know. Adora felt a hand on her shoulder making her jump.

"Adora? What's bugging you?" Catra asks, circling so she was in front. Adora looks at her & immediately blushes.

"I just uh well you know um-"

"You ok?" Catra asks with a grin on her face. Adora's blush darkens too much that Catra is now concerned.

"Princess, you ok?"

"Y-Yeah! Just uh your hot- I'm hot!" Adora says & internally facepalms. Catra stands there with a light blush before shaking her head.

"Well, you're definitely gay." She chuckles at her comment before she sits next to the red faced blonde.

"Y-Yep! Heh, your uh local lesbian, coming at you live." Adora says awkwardly pointing to herself. Catra laughs as Adora slings her arm around Catra's shoulder. She blushes, but schooches closer to Adora.

"Hey, um bed?" She asks & Adora nods. Catra lifts the cover up & the two go under. Adora shyly moves her arm to wrap around Catra's waist. Catra doesn't object, in fact she moves closer. She digs her head into Adora's chest as the blonde adjust her position, allowing space for the brunette.

"Goodnight," Adora whispers as Melog jumps into the bed. The two turn their heads as the cat gets comfortable at the edge of the bed. Catra chuckles, turning her head back into Adora's chest. Both girls blush profusely but don't say anything. Adora falls asleep soon after. Catra lays awake, unable to sleep because of a lingering thought.

There was no denying she loves her. Adora Carrero.

I just realized I never updated on Friday so here.