Chapter 6: Sharing

After Adora calms down she pulls away, slightly embarrassed she broke down in front of her friend. She locks eyes with Catra who doesn't seem to be upset.

"Are you... feeling better?" Catra asks sheepishly. To be honest, she wanted to hug her again but the chances in her head are low.

"Yeah, yeah I am. Thank you, sorry you had to see that." Adora mutters, rubbing her arm.

"No no, it's fine!" Catra panics as Adora smiles at her.

"Thanks, let's get you a room to stay in," Adora says, with her usual goofy smile. Catra nods & the two make their way back to the hotel.

"Oh here." Catra mumbles looking up. She looks away as Adora goes inside.

"Hey Melog," Catra says as her cat nudges her. She picks them up & cradles them before tickling their stomach causing Melog to repeatedly meow.

"That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!" Catra looks up & sees Adora watching Melog. She notices a huge smile on the blonde's face making her happy. At least I made her smile. Catra thought as Adora came over.

"I got you a room, come on," Adora says & the two go inside. They walk past the front desk & step inside the elevator.

"How high up are we going?" Catra asked, trying not to sound scared.

"Very high," Adora responds, hitting the buttons as the door closes.

"Why?!" Catra asks as Melog slips out of her hands. The cat lands with a thud before sitting on Adora's foot. Adora looks down & smiles, listening to their purrs.

"Your lucky, you have a cat," Adora says watching Melog fall asleep. Catra huffs crossing her arms.

"I guess, I just felt a bond with them," Catra says tapping her foot against the floor anxiously.

"Aw, that means your cute twins~" Adora teases as Catra blushes. The brunette turns around & rolls her eyes.

"I'm not cute though," Catra says tapping her fingers against her arm. Adora hums sarcastically as the elevator door opens up.

"Here we are!" Adora says using her hands for emphasis. She walks inside as Catra stands inside in shock. This is my room!? Catra thinks as she steps outside. The rim was made of gold & white wallpaper. Everything was all fancy & definitely expensive. There was a hot tub in the corner of the room, big enough for four people. There were two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a large kitchen & a balcony. Though Catra knows she won't be going on that.

"A-Adora this..." Catra can't finish her sentence as she stares in shock.

"H-How? Why me?!" Catra asks taking her shoes off. Adora smiles as she takes Catra's shoes & places them on the shoe rack.

"I thought you would be fine with sharing with me," Adora says digging through her Chester draws for clothes. Catra goes over to the couch & sits down.

"How much was this room?" Catra asks softly.

"Well, I have no clue. They just gave it to me when I came here. They said they appreciated me for fighting in the war. Unlike some people." Adora finishes as her grip tightens on the shirt she is holding. Catra notices & stands up, going over to her. She embraces her in a hug & Adora hugs back.

"I'm really sorry about your parents. At least you had some." Catra accidentally says. She realizes what she said & turned around embarrassed. Adora's expression drops as tears appeared in her eyes. She feels selfish for dumping her parent problems on her only to find out she never had any.

"Catra I-"

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault," Catra says wiping her eyes. She was crying but she won't show weakness, especially to Adora.

"But Catra, the least I could do is comfort you," Adora says stepping towards her. She takes small steps attempting to get close to Catra. Adora slowly wrapped her arms around Catra's waist & pulled her closer, into a hug position. Catra's breathing was loud enough for Adora to hear making the warrior feel even worse.

"Catra I'm sorry for dumping my problems on you!" Adora says starting to cry. Catra's turns around & hugs her back.

"Princess it's alright, your life was hard." Just like mine. Catra thinks as Adora pulls back wiping her eyes.

"What about yours?" Adora asks, swallowing afterward. Catra's eyes widen as she looks down.

"Yeah. I had to do everything myself growing up. My friend was older than me & her parents allowed me to stay as a child. When I got into middle school I found money my parents left me so I left my friend & got a place for myself. During Highschool, while others were partying & all of that nonsense I was working after-school as a part-time job. Nobody was there to look after me, nor did I want anyone to. I kept in touch with my friend, only to find out she liked me. I just couldn't look her in the eyes the same again so I moved away. I earned enough money for college & got a great job. But I haven't had a conversation with anyone in years, besides my boss. But that's with meetings & such." Catra says as Adora had her hands over her mouth, tears rolling down her face. Catra's life was so much worse than she had expected.

"Catra..." Adora stops as Catra turns around.

"Yeah?" She asks wiping her own eyes with her sleeve.

"You are the strongest person I've ever met," Adora says smiling towards her. Catra becomes puzzled. How am I strong? Catra thinks looking down at herself.

"How?" Catra asks looking back at the warrior.

"I could never live that kind of life. If only I knew you back then... we could've... we could've been friends." Adora says, her voice cracking at the end due to her crying so much. Catra didn't like to hear the pain in Adora's voice so she hugs her again.

"Hey stop crying princess its ok." Catra whispers as she rubs Adora's back.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that Catra. If there's anything I can do for you please tell me. I want to give you what you've never gotten." Adora says pulling away & holding the poor girl's shoulders.

"Ok?"

"Ok,"