1 :: 𝑬𝒏𝒈𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚

Engagement party

"y/n you are kidding me right?" Your best friend asked this for the 50th time today. "I am serious Eunji," you said your eyes still glued on the computer in front of you, typing off some work-related stuff. "But why y/n?" She whined you chuckled at your best friend, "I am serious y/n, don't laugh," she pouted pulling an angry face. "Even I am serious, " you said, your eyes not moving from the screen, "will you pay attention to me for once y/n?" She asked sternly. "Ok ok," you said as you closed your computer off and went over to her. You both sat on the couch in your office.

"So what's your problem?" You asked looking at her, "you are getting married, that's my problem," she sighed, "but weren't you the one who was telling me to date, get a boyfriend and get married?" You asked her, "y/n I said you to marry someone you love, not some random stranger," she said concerned for you, "he isn't a stranger Eun, he is my business partner," you said trying to assure her, "but you don't love him," she whined again, "who said I don't love him?" You shrugged, "I know very well about you y/n, "   "you know I don't believe in love," "yah! For how long will you be like this? Don't you want some company when you are in your 70s or 80s?" She asked slightly raising her voice, "I can be one my own Eun, I don't want someone to be there for me, I can take care of myself," you said sternly, "but why are you marrying him tho?" She asked giving up on changing your mind, "well there are two reasons, one: you know how mom and grandpa is wanting me to get married, so I am doing this for their sake and happiness, and two: when I proposed this deal to Mr Park, he asked me to marry him, I always wanted to do this with his company and I didn't wanna give up on this chance, so I agreed. " you stated your reasons.

"But why does he wanna marry you?" She asked confused, "even his parents are pestering him to get married soon," you said unbothered "why can't he marry someone he loves?" "'Cause even he thinks that love is a waste of time and since we both are in the same situation we thought of this," "do your families know about this?" "Of course not, we have said that we met during some business meetings and auctions and fell for each other," you said being proud of the story you came up with, "and you are the only one who knew about this and please doesn't let mom know about any of this at any cost," you added, she hesitantly agreed, "Mr Park is gonna come and please don't embarrass me, " you warned, "do I seem like I will embarrass you?"

🖋📄✒️

"So what's your favourite colour?" "Blu-" "ok what's your favourite flower?" "Lill-" "hmm... Then which side of the bed do you sleep?" "What?" Jimin asked taken aback by the question, Jimin came to meet you but your best friend kept asking him non stop questions and it was becoming weirder and weirder, you got up and pulled Eunji with you excusing yourself to Jimin, "what did we talk about embarrassing me?" You whisper yelled at her when you got out of your office room. "I was just making sure if he was-" "Eunji he Is hear to talk about business, now you go I will talk to you later," you said and went in not giving a chance for her to speak.

" I am sorry she is just overprotective about me and asked all those," you apologised "it's okay, Ms Lee, I understand," he said, he was a gentleman and was kind to everyone, although he was cold he wasn't rude like all those rich young businessmen. You both were talking about your business for some time and then you remembered about your 'wedding contract'.

"Oh Mr Park, I forgot about our contract, I have it ready, you can read the conditions and if you wanna add some you can add we will sign it," you said getting up. "Sure Ms Lee," Jimin said, you brought the contract from the desk and gave it to him, he read and said, "I agree with all the conditions and there is nothing that is needed to be added."

You gave him your pen and he signed it followed by you. "Happy collaboration Mr Park," you both shook your hands, "let's not be very formal with our names y/n, soon we will be meeting our families and it won't be good if we are formal in front of them," he explained. "I understand Jimin," you said as your life as partners started. For the outside world, you both were life partners but when it's only you both, between the four walls you were nothing more than just business partners.

You were the chairperson of the Lee enterprises, THE biggest company in Korea, it was passed on to you from your grandfather who was the former chairman. No one was able to beat you in the business field, but some considered it was just because of the luck you had but some knew that it was your talent that you had that made you grow this much. Well compared to your company Park enterprises were just a level below yours and you wanted to have this partnership because you wanted to grow even more. People considered you as a greedy monster as you were never enough of what you have grown into. Your company was the first even before you took over but after you took over it reached the peak of its turnovers yet you still wanted to grow. But you would donate a lot to the orphanages, you liked helping out people, it was one of your habits since childhood which you got from your mom.

Mom, she was your everything, she was your life, you could give your life for her. She is the strongest woman you have ever seen in your life. Since you were 5, your grandpa took care of you and your mom, your mom had a heart attack when you were 5 due to some reasons but still she was strong. That's what she showed you, you could see the pain in her eyes but still, she gave you all the love she could, the perfect definition of love for you was your mom. And other than her the only person you have is Eun, your bestie, you were classmates since kindergarten and she knows everything about you. You were never in a relationship yet as you don't believe in love.

Your mom was more than happy knowing about your marriage but Eunji wasn't, she wanted you to marry someone you love. But you had no other choice than this, you didn't want love in your life, you didn't wanna suffer as your mom did.

One more month is left for your marriage but you aren't interested in shopping, so your parents take care of all the shopping and for the ring and dress also, you both let your parents choose everything. Your mom wanted you to go but you denied saying you had work, your mom knew you were a workaholic and let you.

2 more weeks are left for your wedding. Jimin came to meet you in the office, at first you thought it would be about work, but seems like it wasn't, "y/n, my parents have arranged an engagement party for us, I tried denying it but they are too stubborn, " Jimin said with apologetic eyes as you were on your chair and Jimin was sitting on the chair across the table "so you want me to come with you?" You asked, you never liked going to parties and you have never been to one. He nodded, you could see even he wasn't interested in this party and it was clear that he had agreed to this for his parents' sake. "But I don't have anything to wear," you said as the party is tomorrow but you weren't even having a dress to wear. "I will help you with that, take me to your home, I will choose something for you," he said you thought and nodded, it wasn't a big deal taking him to your home as you would be living under the same roof soon.

After your work was over you went to your home, your mom won't be home as she had her regular appointment with the doctor today. You welcomed him and you led him to your room and opened your closet and he took a look, he scanned your dresses thrice but still wasn't able to find a party wear dress as your closet was filled with suits. Blazers and pants and shirts and also some hoodies but no dresses were found. "This is the first time I am seeing a girl's closet filled with only suits," Jimin chuckled, you too awkwardly chuckled, "seems like you have good experience with girls, " you said, you weren't interested in his personal life but you just said what came into your mind, "no my friends talk about their girlfriends," he said "let's go shopping," he added, you nodded and went with him, just then your phone rang, "I have to take this you sit there and wait," you said pointing at the couch in the living room. He sat as he took a look around the living room.

After the call you came towards Jimin who was sitting on the couch, seeing you he got up, you didn't notice the folded part of the carpet and tripped over it, you fell on Jimin making him fall on the ground with you on top, your lips touched his and both your eyes widened, you both were too shocked to get up.

First part of my 2nd book and I am so excited about this and I would like to know about your thoughts on this! Please vote and leaves your thoughts on this book in the comments🤗💖

11/03/2024: this book was written a few years back when I was an immature teenager, though I love this plot, I know I could have taken this better, I might edit this whole story sometime in the future but now I don't have the time for it. So if you start reading this, then please keep in mind that I was young and dumb back then. I am sorry that I have taken some serious issues slightly in this story.