Goodbye's and Regrets...

-(Two Day's Later)-

(3rd Person POV)

"Hey (Y/N)?"

"What?"

"Is it just me...or is something wrong with Aerith?" He asked, lifting his head towards her. (Y/N) glanced in the direction he pointed at. Aerith was sitting on a chair, book in hand but staring out the window into the woods..

"She looks normal to me."

Rufus sighed and patted him on the back, "See? This is why you're an idiot."

"What-,"

"Look with your eyes!" Rufus turned (Y/N)'s head towards Aerith fully now. "Does that look like the face of a happy woman to you?!"

"Y-Y-No?!"

"Good," he then relased his grip on him and pushed him towards her. "Now go, make sure she's okay! Tis a job only you can do!" Rufus smiled. 

(Y/N) honestly just wanted to punch the living daylights out of him at this point, but chose to hold back. He made his way towards Aerith and sat across from her.

"Hey..."

"..."

"Hey Aerith.."

"..."

"AERITH!" Aerith jumped and turned towards (Y/N).

"H-Huh!? When did you get here?!"

"....I was here for almost thirty seconds already.."

"O-Oh! Well what did you need?"

"....You know. I've lived and delt with you for such a long time."

"Um..yes?"

"Living and dealing with someone for a long time...helps you to better understand the person." (Y/N) wrapped his arms around his chest, "Right now I can tell something's bothering you...with a little help anyway.." he said, as he felt Rufus's eyes staring at him.

"But I won't ask...if you're not gonna say anything then it's fine. But you should know I'm here for you...okay?"

Aerith sighed and nodded, "Thank you.."

(Y/N) smiled at her before standing up and walking away. As much as she wanted to tell him what was troubling her...she knew if she did...he might get mad.

When she went to see Kumika last night...he didn't show up. 

She waited for what seemed like forever...but as she noticed now darker and colder it got she ended up retreating back home to the village. She had a hard time sleeping...trying to figure out why exactly he didn't show up...

It's not like he had plans or anything...cause he would've told her...

Right?

-(At Midgard in Shinra Base)-

Kumika revieved another punch as he stayed trapped in his tiny prison. His arms and legs chained to the wall, his face all bloody and bruised. The commander standing in front of him, with eyes full of rage.

"I'm only going to ask you one last time boy..." he pulled the collar of Kumika's shirt.  "Where are they!? I know for a fact you wouldn't just "miss them". I raised YOU!" 

Kumika scoffed and spat blood on the commander. "So what....nothing about you makes me think of you as a parent...if anything you're the bastard that murdered them." Kumika growled.

Ishikawa reeled his arm back as far as he could, slamming his fist straight on the side of Kumika's face. He could see stars circling around his head as more blood fell from his mouth.