Birthday Surprise! Pt.2

-(5 Days Later)-

(Aerith's POV)

"H-Huh?!"

"I said you stink, do you even shower?!"

"I DO-,"

"WHERE?!"

"P-Places-," Kumika growled, turning his head away from me. It was night, and around the time I usually meet with Kumika to talk to my mother. However, I couldn't today because my mother was being watched by President Shinra, so since he doesn't know what Kumika is doing for me, he won't allow me to see my mother.

But for the past few days, ever since he ran up to me...with that look in his eyes...we somehow bonded?

I wasn't afraid anymore to ask him questions about his life, and he would answer most of them. Like what he's done in Shinra, how long he's been there....but not too much of his childhood.

"My childhood? Pathetic...it was a pathetic childhood, that's all I'm gonna say."

That's how he answered me...

But that only made me more and more curious about him..

"YOU NEED A SHOWER, AND WHAT DO YOU EAT?!"

"FOOD THAT YOU GIVE ME FOOD EVERY NIGHT!"

"BUT WHAT ABOUT LUNCH?! BREAKFAST?!"

".....mushrooms and bugs...."

"Ew-,"

"Shut up, have to do what you have to do to live."

"But.....Kumika..." I grabbed his face and squished his cheeks together, "If you were to look fresh and nice...I'm sure you would look very handsome." his face instantly turned red.

"HUH!?"

"SHH! WHAT IF SOMEONE HEARD YOU IDIOT!?" I whispered, covering his mouth as he glared at me.

"Anyways, tonight was fun. I got to learn more about you." I said as I stood up, "But I need to go now."

"Hmm, go then, not like I care."

"So mean, I might come late tomorrow though.....it's Tifa's birthday so we're gonna celebrate."

I also had no progress with killing Tifa either.....I mean....how could I?

She means a lot to (Y/N), and she means a lot to me as well...I only told Kumika I would do it to make him satisfied..but...

"Ah is that so, well have fun." I stopped breathing for a moment and turned towards him.

"What?"

"Hm....what? I said have fun."

".....you just told me....to have fun..."

"Yes....?"

I stared at him for a moment longer, as if he knew what I was thinking he sighed and threw a twig he had in his hand away.

"If it's her birthday....you can't kill her....I've read the files about her...it's a sad story I know. So I don't think...a day like that....should be a day for her to die." for the first time since I met Kumika, I noticed how regretful his expression was...

"You....thank you Kumika." I said, with a smile.

"Whatever, get going..." I waved at him one last time as I ran towards the house, feeling as light as a cloud..

(3rd Person POV)

As Kumika watched her go, he felt some sort of weight lifted off his shoulders..