A New Job...

-(The Next Day)-

(Aerith's POV)

"They're making you what?!" I cried, as (Y/N) explained what had happened in the meet he had yesterday.

"I was already told to do so...but now that Rufus came back I'll be on tight watch to make sure I get it done.."

"BUT DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT TIFA?!"

"Of course I do...that's why...I'll just tell her to stay away from me."

"(Y/N)....that's too selfish! You need to talk to Tifa about it first, maybe-,"

"Maybe what? SHE'LL ALLOW ME TO KILL HER AND HER COMRADES?! Aerith honestly, if I stay around her any longer the higher ups will learn about it and possibly punish me for it...hell they might punish you, and I don't want that."

"So to protect yourself, me, and Tifa....you're just gonna ignore her."

"You make it sound like I'm the damn bad guy here."

"Well you're acting stupid right now! Think about it, out of all the years you've lived with me I RARELY see you smile. But ever since she showed up, you've been smiling and acting like a whole new person."

"SO WHAT?! I'M DOING THIS TO PROTECT HER AND YOU!"

"So let me ask you this then, if one of your comrades found her and was about to kill her right in front of your eyes...would you save her? Or if you were asked to kill her from your boss...would you do it..."

I waited for (Y/N) to answer, wondering what he would say and how. But to my shock he said absolutely nothing...his expression suddenly dark and cold..

"Heh...your silence speaks many words." I stood up and made my way to the door.

"Where're you going?"

"Somewhere away from you, don't even bother following me either." I was about to leave until I stopped midway and turned back to (Y/N).

"I guess I was wrong....you didn't change at all...you're still the same as you were when I first met you.."

Then without even turning back I walked out of the house....feeling nothing but pain.

-(3 Hours Later)-

( (Y/N)'s POV )

As I walked down the hallway to President Shinra's office Aerith's voice continued to eco...over and over again in my head.

"You're still the same as you were when I first met you..."

"Mr. (Y/N), come right this way." I followed the lady helper until she stopped in front of a huge door that I've only seen once in my entire life..

"The President is waiting for you here." I nodded and slowly opened the door to see President Shinra standing up by his desk and smoking.

"Well hello there, haven't seen you in a very long time." I slowly walked over to him and bowed.

"You called for me sir?"

"Yes, I have two things that I wish for you to do (Y/N)." he placed his cigarette down and sat on his chair.

"I want you to first, not do the mission that my son has given you."

"U-Understood..."

"Second, I want you to focus on finding and killing a certain person." President Shinra grabbed a picture of what seemed to be a woman holding a bunch of flowers..

"Kill the woman in this picture."

I felt my eyes slowly open wide as I looked at the picture of a younger Tifa with a bouquet of beautiful flowers, smiling brightly at whoever was taking the picture...

"She could cause us a whole lot of trouble if she isn't found. I've only learned about who she is recently....the fact she's alive could mean the end of this company."

"Ah....I see.."

"So find her and kill her, could you do that for me."

"If you were asked to kill her from your boss...would you do it..."

"Y-Y-Ye..."

"Hm? What's the matter boy?" but before I could answer the lady who led me here came in.

"Mister President, the meeting is about to start." President Shinra stared at me for a moment before walking towards her.

"I trust you'll get the job done, I hope to see good results (Y/N)." and with that President Shinra walked out leaving me alone in his office. I glanced down at the picture of Tifa again...looking at her bright and happy smile that I loved so much...

I picked the picture up and put it into my pocket before walking out the office, knowing what exactly I had to do.

Even if it meant...never seeing Tifa again..

(END OF CHAPTER)

(Hey Hey Hey! *insert bokuto face* Thank you guys for reading this chap! I hope you'll read the next one and I hope you have an amazing rest of your day/evening! Bye Bye!!)