Unexpected Reasons...

-(1 Week Later)-

(Barret's POV)

"Hmm, maybe a little to the left?"

"No, that's too much on the left.."

"Then right?"

"Nah...it still won't match...try left again."

I sighed as I moved the piece of metal back to the left side of Jessie's creation. Apparently she signed up for a competition and is making a machine for it. Sadly I was free so...

"Ok ok, go back to the right."

"Damn it woman hurry up and choose."

"Ah shut up, you said you were free so I'mma use you to the best of my ability."

"What the hell....what I am, your machine?"

"Pretty much."

I stuck the middle finger at her, and noticed that from behind her Tifa walked out of Seventh Heaven with a bag in her hand.

"Heyo Tifa, where're you going?" I asked, dropping the metal Jessie told me to hold.

"OI BARRET,-"

"O-Oh just to Sector 5.."

"Again? You've been going there for the past week, different bags every time." I said, as Jessie ran to her metal on the ground and examined it.

"Yeah just waiting for someone, what're you doing?"

"Helping Jessie with her stupid project. She can't make up her mind on where to put this piece of metal." I replied, as I pointed at the metal on the ground.

"Hmm, I think it would look nice on the top if that helps.." Jessie glanced at Tifa, then the metal, then back at her contraption.

"You're right...it would! Thank you Tifa, see I should've asked you for help to begin with." I glared at her as Tifa smiled at us.

"No problem, now if you'll excuse me I need to leave now. See you guys!" we waved at Tifa as she walked towards the pathway to Sector 5.

"Man, I wonder what she's doing in Sector 5 all the damn time." I said, as I held the metal up so Jessie could hammer it in.

"I know right, I've never seen her act like this before. Then it has to be a boy."

"A boy?"

"Uh...like...she's seeing someone?"

"TIFA?! SEEING SOMEONE?! That would be interesting to see.."

"But then again, Tifa's never tried to date any of the hot guys who asked her out...so it's a small possibility."

"Jessie....I'm sure the guys were hot to you, but maybe not to Tifa-,"

"But yeah just let her do her, we ain't her parents. Hurry up and grab the next piece of metal."

"Yes ma'am..." I sighed, trying to prepare myself for the rest of my afternoon..

-(30 Mins Later)-

(Tifa's POV)

I continued to walk around Sector 5 but sadly not finding the person I was looking for..

It's been a whole week that (Y/N) and I have talked or even hung out..

I've been walking around and asking anyone I thought might know him, but no one has heard from him. I even tried going to Aerith's house one time...but no one was home.

"So you haven't seen him today either?"

"No, I'm sorry..."

"It's okay thank you for your time." I bowed to the elderly lady before walking away.

But then I noticed out of the corner of my eye a bunch of men were walking with one man in the middle of them. I ran after them and noticed that the man in the middle was no other then (Y/N)!

"H-Hey!" I cried, as I continued to run after them. But when I was close enough I bumped into a bustling crowd, losing my sight of them.

"E-Excuse me!" I squeezed myself through the crowd and ran through the back alley they went through. But when I finally caught up to them...what I was seeing in front of me shocked me. (Y/N) was there...blood on his sword with two men down on the ground, covered in blood. Another man was crawling away from him, with a cut on his left hand.

"P-Please....we-we didn't know-,"

"Does that matter?" I moved back as I noticed (Y/N)'s expression. A cold and dark one, as if he had no soul...as if all he knew was what he was told to do and nothing more.

"P-PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU!" But (Y/N) seemed unaffected by his words, as he lifted his blade ready to strike the man.

"(Y/N)!" he froze and turned to me, his expression immediately softened.

"T-Tifa.." then in the sudden confusion the man on the ground stood up and made his get away.

"W-what happened?" I asked, as I walked over to him. I tried to place my hand on his face but he slapped it gently away no longer looking at me.

"It's fine, I was assigned to kill them." He placed his sword back in it's sheath and started walking back where he came.

"H-Hey hold on a second!" I grabbed his hand, making him come to a sudden stop.

"Where are you going? I wanted to talk-,"

"That's none of your concern."

"H-huh?"

"Nothing, I'm leaving so don't even bother trying to follow me." he pulled his hand out of my grip and started walking again.

"B-but...I want to hang out with you..." (Y/N) stopped again and sighed, he turned towards me with the same expression he had when he was about to kill that man..

"Look Tifa, I don't mean to be rude or anything but...I don't think I wanna hang around you anymore."

"Why...was it something I did? If so I-,"

"I just don't want to see you anymore, that's all there is to it. So you should stop coming here to find me...I've heard from people that you've been asking for me."

"Well yea-,"

"Well quit it, stay home and don't bother trying to find me....cause I won't try to find you." I clenched my chest and felt tears slowly fall from my eyes. For some reason, the pain I was feeling from his words...was the type of pain I haven't felt in so long....real and true pain...

"So...you're just gonna leave me then? Come into my life and just leave?"

"If that's what you want to call it then fine." then without a second glance (Y/N) turned around and left, going through the alleyway we came from.

I tried stopping the tears falling from my eyes...but they wouldn't stop....no matter how hard I tried. I ran to where (Y/N) went and tried to find him, but amongst the crowds of people....I couldn't find him anywhere.

I fell to the ground not knowing what to do anymore....

( (Y/N)'s POV )

As I walked away from the alleyway I made a turn towards a nook near a tiny little fruit shop. I waited until I saw Tifa run out looking around at the crowd, her eyes filled with tears....

She continued to look through the crowd for a while until she covered her face and fell to the ground.

I wanted to run to her....and tell her it'll be okay....that it'll only be for a little while that I won't be with her....

But I knew if I did.....the chances of her dying would be higher. This was for the best, for me...and for Tifa. I slowly made my way to the opposite direction of where she was and tried my hardest to not look back.

Cause if I did...nothing would stop me from running up to her and hugging her close to me, never letting her go again..

(END OF CHAPTER)

(Sorry this took awhile ;-; I hope you guys enjoyed it! Have an amazing rest of your day/evening! Bye Bye!)