~10~

Lexi's POV

I'm so glad that Rue and I are able to share this moment.

I can't remember the last time the two of us did something... alone. Jules was always there too.

Stop Lexi. Don't think about her, enjoy this moment while you can.

We just finished the game. I won.

"Haha!" I rub it in Rue's face.

"Lexi, it's fucking bowling, it's not like you just won the lottery," Rue is obviously a sore loser.

"You're just saying that because you lost," I stick my tongue out at her. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom, be right back."

I walk past the counter and down the narrow hall towards the bathroom. All of a sudden the counter guy walks out of a small storage room.

"Oh hey!" he says. I look around, confused as to why he'd be talking to me.

"Hi?" I say, not knowing how else to reply.

"How's it going?" he asks as he takes a few steps toward me.

"Um... good?" What is happening?

He is very close to me now, uncomfortably close. I can feel his breathing on my face. He puts his hand on my waist. With his other hand, he puts it on the wall, trapping me. He leans his head down and hovers it over my neck. My heart is pounding with fear.

"Listen... I just need to go to the bathroom..." I stutter. I try to get out between his arms, but he tightens his grip around my waist.

"Hey! You mother fucker! Get your hands off her!" I hear Rue's voice and feel ten times better.

The guy finally lets ago of me and takes a step back.

"Listen, I don't want any trouble..." he honestly looks terrified. Rue can be pretty scary sometimes.

"Yes you do..." Rue gets closer and closer to him and runs him back into a wall. She's even a few inches taller than him.

"I know what you've done, I know who you are, and who you've fuck," Rue whispers in a very serious tone.

I would help her scaring him like we did to one of the twins at the Halloween party, but I'm frozen in place.

"I'm- I'm sorry..." the guy stuttered as he moved around Rue, staying far away from her as he did. He walked off down the hall.

I was still just standing there, shaking.

Rue turns to me and envelopes me in a tight hug. I hug her back as hard as I can. I feel so safe when she's with me.

"Did he touch you??" Rue asks pulling away, with her hands still tight around my upper arms, examining every inch of my body.

"Not really..." I say. "He only touch my waist."

"Good, good..." Rue says frantically. "Should we tell the police?"

"I don't know... wasn't Maddy involved with him?" I ask. I don't want Maddy to get sucked into any more shit with the police.

"Yeah... I just- I want to kill him," says Rue.

I threw myself on Rue and held her as close as I could.

"Thank you, Rue," I whispered in her ear, trying not to cry.