~9~

Rue's POV

I've made an internal promise to myself never to talk to Jules again.

Today is a Saturday, so I decided it's a lazy day. Well, everyday is a lazy day.

I set up my computer and pulled up Love Island. I hit play and get comfortable; I know that I'm probably not going to move for five more hours.

I'm about four hours in when someone knocks on my door.

"Hmm?"

The door opens and there stands Gia.

"Lexi's here."

My heart skips a beat.

 I get up off the bed, with Lexi being my only drive. I walk to the living room in my pajama's.

"Hey," says Lexi as I walk into the living room.

"What's up?"

Lexi looks down at the ground and shuffles her feet nervously.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go bowling, and maybe grab something to eat?" Lexi smiled.

"Uh... yeah, sure," I say, a little confused from exhaustion. "Let me just change real quick." And I go back to my room and throw on some shorts, an oversize t-shirt, and my dad's jacket. I walk back to the living room.

"Okay, let's go."

We're riding our bikes, laughing along the way. We would have little races to a certain sign or building. We almost reached the bowling alley, when from behind a corner, turns Jules on her bike.

We immediately make eye contact. I stop breathing.

I'm getting light headed and put my feet on the ground to stop my bike. She does the same.

We're on different sides of the street, but we could still see each other through the rapid traffic.

I feel like the world has stopped.

(If this was actually in Euphoria, imagine a cool shot showing from behind Rue, a line of fast traffic and Jules on the other side. The color would be tinted blue and all you would hear would be traffic sounds and Rue's heartbeat, and Lexi's voice would be muffled.)

Lexi is not aware of Jules and finally realized that I stopped.

"Rue?" she asks as she stops her bike.

I don't say anything, I just keep staring.

Lexi looks in the direction I'm looking in and sees Jules.

"Rue..." she calls, almost like a warning.

I'm still looking at Jules. She just sits there with no expression on her face, until she raises her arm. She waves at me and smiles. She fucking SMILES.

That's when I snap out of it. Fucking Jules thinks she can make everything she did go away, with a smile.

I turn back to Lexi and see a worried look on her face.

"Let's go," I say coldly, furious that Jules is there. Lexi looks almost relieved.

We finally make it to the bowing alley and we go to the front desk to get our shoes. The guy behind the counter is some creep. Maddy told us that she fucked him once. He is attractive, but he's also a forty year old pedophile.

"Thanks," Lexi says as he hands us our shoes. I noticed he was dragging his eyes across her body. Lexi didn't seem to notice, she was doing something on her phone.

We turn around and start walking to our alley. I turn my head and see the guy looking at Lexi's ass. I'm furious.

I put my arm around Lexi's waist and hold her close as we walk. She looked up at me, but didn't say anything.

We made it to the alley and got our balls. We typed our name into the computer and started. We are having a fun time. Lexi was winning most of the game.

"This isn't fair, you know I suck ass at bowling," I say out of protest. 

"Why do you think I brought you bowling?" she replied with a grin.

I can't help but smile, I hardly ever smile.