Chapter Three 〰

December 20, 2013 4:00 pm New York, Manhattan

I walked into my favorite cafe, Starbucks. I ordered my regular order. One strawberry and creme frappuccino blended creme with one Santa Fe Panini. As I ordered , I called my father who worked in the police investigation.

"Have you gotten the information needed?" I asked my father, sipping my frappe.

"I do...but, are you sure that you want to do this? I could lose my job for doing this." My father said nervously over the phone.

"I am sure. Don't worry, I wouldn't make you lose your job. I will be careful. Just email me the information and leave no traces behind. I will take care of the rest from there." I said quietly through the phone so no one could hear me.

"Alright, just be careful. I don't want to lose you like I did with your mom. Just come home safe. Bye." Dad said with his voice cracking in sadness.

" Don't worry, I will watch my back. Just like you teached me. See you." I said and hurried to finished my lunch.

After taking a while to finish eating, I decided to go home and check and see if I recieved the email from my father. As I walked down the block, I felt as if someone was watching me. I turned and looked and saw no one behind me. I continued walking, this time even faster. I was taking no chances. I felt for my pepper spray that my father said to keep in handy just in case of an emergency. I turned around again and held up the pepper spray in high aim. What I saw was Daniel himself, in person. He was here, he was alive? This must be a lie, has to be. I am dreaming, there's no way that he is handing in front of me. I closed my eyes and opened it again, but Daniel is still there. He was wearing his black North Face jacket, black jeans and his blue Yankees baseball hat. Not only that he was way pale and had a smile on his face. I was afraid to breath, my heart was wanted me to hug him but i knew my mind was playing games on me.

"Riley...Riley, I finally found you. I finally found you." He said moving toward me.

I moved backwards and tripped. I fell and I crawled on my hands and knees to get away from this impostor.

"Riley...Riley..please. Please help me. Please..find out who kill me. I need you to help me." He said moving almost floating on air.

"N--n-n-no. You're not real. You're dead. Get away from me." I said getting up and ran down the street without looking back behind me. I simply didn't look back because I was just too scared.

I ran and ran. I didn't stop until I got home. I rushed to get my keys out of my pocket and closed the door behind me with loud "BANG". I slid down and broke out crying, I was reliving the moment that Daniel died. I wanted to believe that Daniel came back, but my heart and mind was fighting the odds that Daniel was no longer alive.An hour of letting go my feelings for Daniel, I went to my laptop and signed on to my email. I clicked on my inbox and Daniel's investigation file popped up.

Police Report, New York Manhattan

Name: Daniel Reed

Age: 18 years old

Blood group: 0 Negative

Parents: Mike Reed, Carol Reed

Siblings:None

Address: East 12 street, New York Manhattan

This was the basics, I scan for more information. There was limited amount but it will have to do for now. Only mentions:

Report as: Missing

Cause of Death: Unknown

Body: Found

Location: New York, Manhattan

East 31 street, alleyway, dead-end

I was shocked, his body was found in an alley way. Who would've done this? Daniel was not bad guy. He was funny, caring and handsome. He wasn't the type of boy that got into trouble with bad people. But many say "Never judge a book by it's cover". As I read more and more, I begin to feel like he was killed on purpose. But, the killers left no traces behind. This will be harder for me to get a lead, so I made up my mind that tomorrow morning I will go to where Daniel was found and no one will stop me from finding out the true. I closed my laptop just as my father walked in the door.

"Hey, Dad." I said walking to the kitchen and he followed behind.

"I hope the information that I gave you what you needed. I didn't want you know what happen to him because I was afraid that the same thing will happen to you. I don't want you to meet the same fate, even though that you both are friends." He said tapping his fingers on the kitchen countertop.

"That's not going to happen, unless you believe in it." I said hugging him and he hugged me back and kissed my head.

"Okay, just watch your back at all times. I'll call for pizza since I came in late."

"Sure, aye-aye captain." I said saluting him and laughed, he simply shook his head in disappointment.

Later that night, all my father and I did was have dinner and watch some t.v and spoke about Daniel's death based on what he already knows or what he found out from rumors. But, everything leads to the unknown killers and no traces left behind for clues. Guess I have to start from square one where Daniel was last seen. And tomorrow my job starts as criminal hunter, I will no longer be known as "Riley Winchester", but now I will be called "Dark Hunter". Someone that blends into the night and pounce on my prey and take them down. It's a promise I made with my heart and burned it into my soul.

...............................................................

Song: Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson

Vote🌟

Comment 📝

Follow 💯