Chapter 4 - Meeting The Family Is Never Fun. Or Is It?

Dylan and I were sat down at a table next to each other. His parents were cooking dinner and his siblings were upstairs. I kept fretting and fiddling with my dress. For about the hundredth time of fiddling with my dress, Dylan put his hand on mine.

"Stop. You don't need to be nervous." He removes his hand from mine and I feel the tingles from where his hand was.

"But I'm meeting your family. What if they don't like me?"

"Why do people always worry about that?"

"We're mates and that means your family and I will kinda have to get on since I'll soon be kinda part of the family."

"Well, don't you worry okay? Everything will be fine."

"Don't say that, you'll jinx it." My right leg now started going up and down. God, why was I so nervous? Dylan places his left hand on my knee.

"Stop."

"Sorry.." My left leg starts doing the same as he was restricting my right leg from moving. He removes his left hand from my right knee and places his left hand on my left leg and right hand on my right leg.

I found it slightly awkward since the dress was slightly high and his hands were in my skin.. "Sorry I'm just really nervous and I don't know why.."

"You'll be fine okay?"

"But-"

"Dylan sweetie, go get your siblings!" A womanly voice yells from the kitchen. I'm guessing that was his mum.

"Okay!" He yells back. "I'll be right back. Don't worry okay? You'll be absolutely fine." I nod and he gets up and leaves to go get his siblings.

While I wait, awkwardly, his mum comes out with some food. "Do you need help?" I ask.

"Oh no dear, I'm alright. And who might you be?"

"Oh, I'm Alexis-"

"My mate." Dylan says, cutting in. That was quick.

"You've finally found your mate? This is great! No more of those whores huh? I still think you should've waited." She said, shaking her head. She walked back into the kitchen after placing down the food she had in her hands.

"I agree with her." I mumble. He sighs but doesn't say anything.

His mum comes back in again with more food. "Is this why you called a family dinner?" She asks him. He nods. "This is just wonderful." She goes back out again and soon enough his whole family are sitting around the table.

His dad at the head of the table, his mum next to him and his siblings around us.

He had a sister who seemed older than us and a brother who seemed around my age. I however hadn't seen him before. He also had a little brother who seemed around five. He was adorable.

"What's your name?" The former Alpha asked, as in Dylan's dad.

"Alexis."

"What a wonderful name!" His mum says, clapping her hands.

"Thanks." We eat and chat for a bit. I still don't even know the names of his siblings but I felt extremely shy and I didn't want to ask because it'd probably come out bad and I'd be embarrassed.

"So, do you talk at all or what?" His sister says, indicating it at me.

"Yeah I do."

"Well you don't seem too conversational."