Chapter 2 - Unexpected Outcome.

I ran into the forest. Yes, there was a forest near our school which was pretty epic.

I stopped running. I looked behind me and he wasn't there. Good, he must have gotten the idea. I thought my mate would be amazing and great, a bit like Kyle. He's sweet and all. Damn, Jess is one lucky girl.

But no, instead, the Moon Goddess paired me with a dickhead and a manwhore Alpha.

I rested against a tree. I guess I'm skipping school today! Great, on my sixteenth birthday I'm probably going to get absolutely told off for skipping.

I close my eyes for a second and suddenly I feel hands on my waist. I open my eyes and see Dylan.

Mate! My wolf screamed. Damn, does she not realise what a dick we have for a mate?

"Alexis Lee." I didn't look into his eyes. I looked at the ground. "Look at me." I don't. I don't have to listen to him. Pfft. He lifts up my chin with his finger. He places his hand back on my waist.

I'm now looking at him up close. This is the closest I've ever been to him. And boy was he gorgeous. He had deep blue eyes and his jaw was firm and he had slight stubble. His hair was a red-brown and it was messy. The wind blew his hair, making it more messy. "So, you're my mate huh?"

"I guess so." I reply. He was smirking. Oh great, he's probably going to reject me right? No he won't! My wolf said, quite angry at my negative thinking. He better not. She whsipers.

"How old are you?" Why was he asking?

"16, why?"

"Explains a few things."

"What things?"

"Why I'm only finding you now."

"Oh." We stayed silent for a bit. His hands were still on my waist which I found slightly awkward. But my wolf liked the contact. "How old are you then?" Of course I knew, everyone did.

"17. Turning 18 soon."

"Um okay.. So, I'm just going to go.." I say, trying to get out of his grip and walk towards the school. But of course, he didn't really let go of me.. Great..

"Why'd you run?" Why did I run? To be honest, I actually don't know why. Well I do, but then I don't.

"I don't know.."

"Don't give me that bullshit. Why?"

"Becauseyouwereprobablygoingtorejectme." I said really quick hoping he wouldn't understand.

"Slower."

"Because you um were probably going to reje-"

"Why would you think that?"

"Because you're into those pretty-"

"Are you saying you aren't pretty and that I'm shallow?"

"Are you going to let me finish a sentence?" I fire back. He laughs for a second then stops.

"Answer my questions."

"Um well yeah?"

"And why do you say that?"

"Because you've probably slept with every girl in this school.. Unmated girl I mean."

"You think that of me?"

"Everyone does and everyone knows."

"So you think my mate is going to be less important to me than some whores?"