Chapter 1 - Run.

Chapter 1 - Run.

Alexis' Point Of View.

"Alexis.." Someone said, singing my name in my ear.

"What?" I mumble.

"Happy birthday!" Oh yeah, its my sixteenth birthday! I get up and then I see a flash.

"Did you take a picture?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"Of course, its your sixteenth and we need loads of pictures!"

"Muuum! I just got up." I whine. I just got up, not looking my best and suddenly my mum snaps a picture of me looking all horrible. Why oh why, mum?

"Hush hush. Now darling, get yourself ready and be downstairs in half an hour."

"Alright mum. Where's dad?"

"He's still sleeping. Now I need to get his lazy ass up. I swear, you really take after him." She says, walking out my room and shaking her head.

The sound of my phone ringing makes me actually get out of bed. I always kept it on my desk because if my alarm were to go off I'd have to get out of bed to turn it off. Its pretty useful.

I answer my phone. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESTIE!"

"Not so loud, Jess!"

"Sorry.. Are you excited?"

"Why?"

"You might meet your mate!"

"Yeah, might. Although I hope he's really nice and sweet and-"

"Caring, funny and good looking. Lex, you've been dreaming of finding your mate for a while. I know how you wish he was.. What if he isn't what you want him to be though?"

"Well either way, he's my mate and destined for me. I wouldn't really mind."

"Well, I'll be at yours soon to pick you up okay?"

"Alright, see you soon."

"Bye!" I cut the call. I love her loads, as a best friend of course, but Goddess is she loud. Especially in the morning!

I quickly get myself showered and ready. I picked out a crop top and some skinny jeans and then put on my converse. I brush my hair and leave it down. I grab a zip up hoodie and walk downstairs.

"Happy birthday, princess." My dad comes up to me and kisses me on my cheek.

"Thanks dad." He hands me a box.

"Now, this has been handed down. My mum had given it to me when you were born. She got it once she turned sixteen and as did her mum and her mum.. So its been handed down to you." I open it up and its a necklace with a wolf on it. "It symbolises our kind."

"Its beautiful. Thank you." I hug him and kiss his cheek. He tells me to turn around and he puts it on me.

"Now get in the kitchen, your mother is very excited." I laugh and walk into the kitchen, my dad following. You see, I was an only child. Sometimes I wished I had a sibling but then again I didn't mind.

"Ah good you're here! I made you a special breakfast of pancakes."

"Thank you." I say grinning. Pancakes were my ultimate favourite. But who didn't love pancakes?

"There's some for Jess when she comes over. Which I'm assuming will be soon?" I nod. My mum sets down a set of pancakes in front of me. I drown it in syrup.

I'm outside. Jess says through the mind link. I roll my eyes. She could just knock on the door. I quickly excuse myself and open the door.

"You could just knock." I say.

"Mind linking is awesome though." I laugh and we walk into the kitchen.

"Jess, so nice of you to join!" Jess smiles and sits down. My mum puts pancakes in front of Jess and also in front of my dad. "Now, enjoy!"

We all soon finish eating. "Ready for school?" Jess asks.

"Yup." I say bye to my parents and we leave and walk to school.

Maybe we'll find our mate! My wolf, Maisie says.

Maybe, maybe not. I hope we do. I reply back. I honestly hope I did find my mate. Apparently its supposed to be great and magical. After all, my parents were mates and their love was so strong still. That's what I wanted.

I hope so too.

Jess and I soon got to school. She looked at me, her eyes saying everything. She wanted to know if I could smell my mate. She has her mate and has told me about it. You smell their scent and it basically draws you together. I shook my head. She frowned.

We were at my locker when her mate, Kyle, came and surprised her with a kiss. "Hey Jessie."

"Hey Kylie." She said, grinning. She always called him Kylie because he didn't like it. She was merely joking.

"Oh, happy birthday Lex."

"Thanks." I smile. Jess looked at me again, eyes asking the same thing. I shake my head.

Soon enough, the bell goes. As I was walking to my class, I smelt the most amazing scent ever. It smelt a lot like chocolate. And believe me, chocolate is my favourite thing ever.. Besides pancakes. I turned in the opposite direction to my class and followed the scent. I knew this has to be my mate.

I was walking around when I spotted Dylan Zanders. Alpha of Blue Moon pack. They were a different pack to ours. Ours was Silver Wolf pack. Yeah, our name was slightly weird. But, this school we went to was all werewolf school. But, our packs shared the school because we were basically allies. We got on. Our packs I mean.

He looked at me. My eyes widened.

Mate! He's our mate! My wolf screamed.

Fuck no. He cannot be my mate. He's mean and horrible. My opinion. He's a manwhore too! He'll just reject me. He started walking towards me. I panicked as he was getting closer and closer.

So, I did the one thing I wouldn't have expected me to do when meeting my mate.

I ran.