Chapter 14

Andy’s been laying on my bed for the past 3 days...as far as I can tell, he’s not alive, but he’s not dead, he hasn’t started to decay or anything. I’ve been so miserable with my own thoughts, but I’m glad Vanessa is gone, if only Andy would wake up. I haven’t had the need to feed for a while, though my eyes tell me I need to. I just haven’t been hungry; not even remembering Andy’s blood sends my senses begging for more. I’m pretty sure I’m going insane. I sat on the train, with two bags of clothes. I thought it’d give my brain and heart a break by shopping. Nope. He’s still there, I’m constantly worrying and I’ve finally realized what I’ve done, what I’m capable of, I killed Vanessa, after over 100 years of her living, I ended it and as much as I hated her, I feel guilty and I was almost sucking Andy out of life completely, only one thing stopped that. Love. But now I’m sitting here on a train, the same homicidal thoughts going through my head; how easy it’d be to just kill everyone on this carriage and the whole train, then I’d just throw the train off a cliff, it seems easy, it’d be quick. Wow, I really have to feed. I’ll wait though, until Andy’s finally awake, when I can finally hold him without being able to crush his bones, I’ll finally be able to love him in more than one way. This would end perfectly if my venom worked, we’d be able to be together forever and I liked that.

Andy P.O.V

I still remember it.

Looking into Vanessa’s eyes when I realized what she was.

What she did to Shaun.

I remember seeing how they fought, for the life and death of me.

I still remember Shaun’s pain in his eyes as I slipped away.

Then I felt it, my soul was screaming, a fire-like blaze ran through my veins, I was screaming on the inside. I was already on the horizon of life and death. That pain sent me back to life, but it was excruciating. I was ready to be taken away, into wherever was away from here. My life literally flashed before my eyes in my last human moment, from when I was a kid to now, Shaun was in most of it and that hurt the most, leaving him as he looked into my eyes and said he loved me for what I thought was the last time, he also said he’d make the pain go away.

He made it worse.

Even now I’m wondering, why he’d do that, why he wanted me alive. Everyone thinks I’m a waste of space, but to Shaun, I was some sort of saviour, I never understood how people so beautiful, can love something as ugly as me. But I was awake now, afraid to open my eyes, sense this new world, I could smell and a chocolaty scent lingered me, a bitter taste filled my mouth. I’m guessing it’s venom, my throat was dry and burning. I clenched my hands, a soft sheet in my hands. Shaun’s bed sheets. I opened my eyes slowly; I looked down to see that the chocolate smell was my own blood, so this is why I was so irresistible to vampires? My body was repaired. My skin was perfectly white, ivory. Just like Shaun’s. I sat up before I could count. I looked across the room to the mirror, I didn’t look like me; the green bits of my eyes were brighter than the light blue. There was never a name to describe the colours of my eyes. Not that I knew of anyway and my hair, it wasn’t blonde, it wasn’t its old, dull, sandy brown colour, it was more vibrant though. I didn’t look tired or miserable either. I got off the bed, I felt so much stronger but still, emotionally exhausted. You’d kind of hope though, that being reborn would give you happiness. I don’t have happiness; then again, I haven’t seen Shaun yet. I walked toward the door, carefully grabbing the handle and twisting it, I opened the door and Shaun flashed in front of me, a wide smile on his distraught face, his eyes were dark.

“You’re awake” he said, so happily, I hugged him tight, he was warm now and his honey-like scent soothed me. I enjoyed this more than I did when he was cold.