Chapter 9

Vanessa P.O.V

I have to kill him now, he knows about me, I don’t even know how, he’s managed to block his thoughts as if it’s a password to his Facebook, which is Honey26789 but anyway...

I have to kill him, it has to be slow, painful; otherwise blood that sweet isn’t enjoyed, the more pain that ran though the blood, the better it is. Brooke tasted as fake as she looked. I have to do this, for the sake of Andy and I’s future, Shaun’s not taking him away from me, I’m not going to let him. I heard his thoughts, he knew I killed her, but it’s so satisfying, to feed...

I didn’t want to hurt Andy in the hungry state I was in. There was no way he was going to live, even for Shaun to stand around me like that.

Even though I’ve been well fed, the need for blood sent venom spreading through my mouth, I miss human life, I don’t understand how Shaun’s jealous. I’d rather be dead right now.

none of this would have happened.

I’m such a danger to everyone.

I’d be able to have a husband, kids.

But this had to be done.

I had to kill Shaun.

Hearing his thoughts and tracking him, I knew he was at Brooke’s funeral today, not only that but he was going to get drunk. Well, half drunk. Shaun’s never had a drink to the point where he can barely see a thing, or so Andy says.

Andy...

I mentally sigh at the precious human, he’d be more perfect as an immortal, but as I said before, If I start, I don’t know if I’d be able to stop. I’d have to find an old friend to come here and do it for me, he was going to be with me, and he was going to start my family.

I get so sick of being alone, so sick of going around, drinking human after human, I loved it though. I loved it when I drank Brooke, her blood lingered my tongue, her eyes were in disbelief, I could literally see her life flash before her eyes, but it doesn’t matter, she’s dead now.

I’ve been nice to Shaun this whole month,  just so he wouldn’t tell Andy about me. I’ve learnt to not react to Shaun’s thoughts, they have become so much more depressive lately, it’s boring, all he thinks about is Andy; it’s so yawn-worthy. He’s not worth much, not much at all. But his blood was golden, almost like honey, my body wanted to take him every time I’m near him, I restrained myself though, 148 years of practice pays off, but I really wanted to drink Shaun’s sweet blood, just the thought brings venom to my mouth. I shake away the thought.

Shaun had to die...

Shaun Diviney would be no more.

Shaun P.O.V

I walked down the street that went through to Andy’s, I had walked the whole way. Brooke’s gone, I don’t know what to do, even though I wasn’t in love, didn’t mean I didn’t love her. She was a good person...when we didn’t fight constantly. Andy is repetitively checking on how I am, it’s sweet of him, and fucking hell I think I’m in love with him, it could be the whole loneliness thing, I don’t know. Brooke was right, I do love him, that would be the only explanation as to why I’m jealous of Vanessa...ugh, Vanessa, don’t even get me started. Bradie even told me himself he didn’t like her, that she’s strange, different.

But I knew what she was, and I have a feeling she may know, but I’m not sure, do you know how awkward it would be to go up to her and just be like ‘Hey, are you a vampire?’ like, how fucked up do I have to sound. I was definitely insane.

the only thing I could hear is my shoes, click-clacking against the concrete, I swear I was the only one dressed appropriate for the funeral, white button up shirt, pants and pointed shoes. If you think that’s casual, you should have seen Brooke’s dad. I kept walking I looked up to notice a lot of houses begin in the distance, I heard a rustle from the woods. I looked to my left, the dark woods never scared me, but there was something there.