Chapter 7

Bradie’s P.O.V

I still hadn’t recovered over the fact that my step brother has a thing for my best friend, it’s crazy, not that I’m against it or anything, it’s just that Shaun has a girlfriend, how was this ever going to make Andrew happier? Speaking of the devil, he’s coming over soon to give the plates back and he wants to speak to me. Britta was out so we’d have some brotherly time. It’s been over two weeks, Shaun nor Andrew have really contacted me until today. I still worry about Shaun, what that boy was doing, I’d never know.

Andy walked in, no knock, his sandy hair was nicely done, he wore clothes that were clean, clean! And his eyes weren’t so sad looking, they looked as if he has enough sleep to last the week.

“hey Bradie” Andy smiled, it reached his eyes, this was new.

“hey” I nodded at him, he rested the bag of plates on the wood floor by the door, crashing next to me.

“how’s things?” He asked and he seemed honestly interested for once, this shocked me. What happened to my brother?

“great, still busy, you?”

“Honestly the best I felt in years. I’ve found someone Bradie” he said so proudly, I smiled along, it was an un-removable smile. I’m glad he’s happy.

“who?!” I sat up properly, I wanted to know, who was the woman (or man) keeping him at some level of sane.

“her names Vanessa, oh god Bradie, she’s so beautiful, so amazing, it’s unbelievable.” He started to boast so happily, I felt suddenly cautious. What if this woman was to hurt him? He’d go back to a miserable, drunken mess and what about Shaun?

“wait, what happened to those feelings toward Shaun?” I asked, now confused, my brother shrugged and laughed slightly.

“as if that would ever happen, but it’s weird, Shaun and Ness don’t like each other, I fucking hate it. It’s heart aching, in a way...I really like her, like, a lot.” Andy continued boasting, I just stared at him, I find it weird, Andy hates Brooke, Brooke hates Andy and it’s the same between Vanessa and Shaun. I wonder if Shaun actually has feelings for Shaun too...?

“that sucks so bad. Andy, do you think Shaun may have those same feelings?”

“what do you mean?” he asked confused, he sat up properly, listening into me as I spoke.

“how you have, or, had feelings for him...do you think he feels the same?” I asked, biting my lip as my brothers face went from confused, to tense and now relaxed, shocked, as if he realized something.

“I-...I honestly haven’t thought about that...but no, I’m not going to risk ‘Ness, she’s so amazing and Shaun has Brooke, I don’t want to waste my time.” He spoke differently now, he wasn’t as happy as when he walked in, but he wasn’t sad. He just came back to reality, thank god.

“You never know, Shaun and Brooke have had difficulty lately, and what if Vanessa isn’t as good as she seems? Sure, she’s beautiful, but does she compare to Shaun?” I spoke as if I was giving him a lecture, I always seem to do it, but it was the only way to get it through to him. I didn’t want him to be heartbroken over puppy love. He stood up, he wasn’t so love-struck anymore.

“I need to go, see you” Andy said, his voice showed no emotion. I think I confused him, great fucking job Bradie. I sat back and just watched my brother walk out. I feel kind of bad, but someone had to bring him back to earth.

Shaun P.O.V

I laid on the couch, my head in Brooke’s lap, my eyes closed as she watched TV, playing with my soft curls. It would be nice to sleep, without having Andy or Vanessa on my mind. Brooke doesn’t even know yet, every time she asks what’s wrong with me, I change the subject. If she found out I was jealous, over someone as beautiful as Vanessa seemed, I’d definitely be kicked out of here, the second she found out. She’d say something stupid as ‘go fuck Andy’, something so pathetic, yet it would still hurt me.