Chapter 2 - exposure.

excuse my grammar and spelling mistakes.
————————————
I've gotten to know each glader by listening and observing, as I do my part at night, I try to sleep in the day but It's really difficult when you have Insomnia and with the noise of all the gladers.
I barely get 3 hours sleep a day but I guess I'm used to it now.

On the main level of my treehouse is where my small desk and bed is and where I keep my weapons. Upstairs in my treehouse I have a griever/map room where I map the maze and where I keep all my info about the grievers. It's really just a wooden floor and no walls as the trees are so close together it feels like walls, and I pin my notes and drawings to the strong flaky bark on the trees.

The box provides us with the necessities but you are able to ask for things, like I asked for weapons e.g. bow and arrows, grafting hooks, knives even things like pens and paper etc. I ask for Weapons to kill the grievers with.

The other gladers have never seen a griever where as I have, I have even killed one but by the next day the grievers dead body was gone just disappeared I don't know where...it's like someone had taken it or stolen it, before I could examine it for clues on how to get out of this maze.

I've spent three years now observing and listening to all the other gladers and I'm starting to get the hang of who they are. I know gally, Alby, Minho, Newt, frypan, Jeff .etc.

I'm starting to understand who everyone is just by listening.

Alby is the leader (first in command - leader) as everyone thinks he was first in the maze and thinks he has the most experience. (though I was the first and I've killed a griever but they don't know that)

(Keepers are like the captain of a certain job)

Gally is the keeper of the builders.
Newt is keeper of the gardeners and second in command.
Minho is keeper of the runners.
Jeff is keeper of the med-jacks.
Frypan is the Keeper of the cooks.
Winston is the keeper of the slicers.

And many more.

Your probably thinking how have they not found you. Well my treehouse is very high up in the forest. they call the forest the deadheads as they now use it as a graveyard, so nobody ever goes in there.

—————————————————
As the gladers begin heading to bed, I get ready to sit on the wall as tonight I plan to draw a griever.

After waiting an hour for the gladers to fall asleep I Grab my backpack with all my supplies and throw my grappling hook onto the wall then run off the tree and swinging onto the hard cold concrete wall like a monkey, in easy words not exactly in a graceful way.
I open my backpack to lay on my blanket as I sit and wait and watch with my pencil and paper hoping to get a good angle of the griever so I can draw it. After about four hours of waiting and drawing parts of the griever, I decide to come back down to the treehouse to put my drawing into my Griever room with my other drawings of grievers and the maze.

I then go into the glade and do my part. I stock the bandages in the cupboard, clean frypans dishes, water the plants and when the sun starts to come up I run to the treehouse as I know Minho and frypan will be waking up any minute now.

The day ended quickly but before dinner I heard the gladers arguing and shouting and panicking so I reach my binoculars to watch what's happening.

I hear Alby scream at the top of his burning lungs in fear.
"everyone the door isn't closing! I don't know why but you need to take cover and prepare...anything could happen" he says in a very loud harsh tone to make sure everyone understood he was being serious.

The gladers started panicking and running around in fear as they know a griever could come in.

I decided to place a few traps in the Forest that are connected to a button I have.
I placed a rope down in a circle just in case a glader needed help, it was very risky but I couldn't not do anything when I knew I could. This meant that I could expose myself to everyone and that's okay if it meant a life was saved. The glade has become a community, a family. They need to keep as many people they can, alive.

The glade was then empty, silent, everyone was hidden in the buildings that they have made.
Suddenly Loud clicking noises, then the sound of metal clanging against metal it was a griever starting to enter the maze...silence...silence, the clicking noise became louder two more grievers came in there were now three grievers with in the glade everyone was silent.

a boy screamed in homestead a griever heard and ran and Trampled onto the Building squashing everyone inside and stole the boy by its tail and ran back into the maze, all of the gladers started running in different directions one tall boy with dirty blond, wavy hair and chocolate truffle coloured eyes was heading for the forest, a griever was chasing after him he ran faster and faster coming closer to him.
In that moment of time I decided to save the boy and show myself to him.

The boy ran exactly into the circle of rope that I laid out I pulled and it tightens around his waist and I started pulling him up quickly, as he got onto the treehouse landing with a thump on his bum, I put my hand over his mouth and he looked at me with wide eyes showing pure panic and confusion. I placed my finger from my other hand to my mouth telling him to shhhhh... I slowly take my finger off my lips and press the button to my left to let off a trap I laid out and the griever screeches and runs back into the maze.

I slowly yet gently let my hand go from his mouth to let him speak.
But he didn't say anything, he just stared at me, with his big brown eyes.

I recognised him.
It was Newt.

————————————————-
What's Newt going to think?
Is anyone else going to get hurt?
Is everyone going to find out about Hazel Grace?

Thank you for reading chapter 2 of hiding in plain sight.