Chapter 14 - the right arm.

Apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes
My phone background 🔝.
New characters alert.
——————————————
There are new characters some from the other books but some I made up. If you have not read or watched the maze runner series it won't make complete sense.
—————————————
Alissa's POV.

The right arm and I decided to avenge against wckd (world catastrophe killzone department)
Wckd have taken everything from us so we decided we would take what they find most valuable...the kids, the immune, the survivors of the maze.

As we started collecting as many kids as we could trying not to get caught I saw through a window a young girl who looked about 18 sitting on a pale blue bed with doctors surrounding her which looked very suspicious so I decided to put my ear against the door to listen in.

"What is it" the young girl called out.

"Medicine to make you feel better" the doctors told her.

"Are you sure I don't—" the girl asked.

"Just take them" the doctor blurted out.

I walked back towards the window to see if I could have a look of what type of medication they were trying to give her...as I pressed my face against the glass I knew exactly what they were trying to give her...abortion pills.

"Fine get some rest and you can take them later" another doctor said while leading everyone out the door.

I quickly scrambled away into a corner watching the doctors walk past, I then ran as quickly and quietly as I could into the the room.

"Psst...psst, come with me, I can take you somewhere safe" I said crouching down to meet her eye level.

She jumped out of her skin, I must admit I wanted to laugh but before I could, her expression turned serious. "Why should I trust you" the girl blurted out in fear.

"My names Alissa and these people are trying to force you into an abortion" I whispered.

"Wait, what I'm pregnant" she exclaimed in shock smacking her hand to her mouth, but pulling it back straight away as if not wanting to show vulnerability. I can already tell she's a strong woman not girl, woman.

"Yes, yes you are now choose do want to have an abortion and then get killed or come with me to safety where we can talk and figure things out" I said with a reassuring nod.

I needed this girl -no woman to trust me if we wanted to get her out, I knew I couldn't leave her knowing she was being forced into an abortion obviously against her will and the fact it's wckd they would probably kill her later on.

"Okay I'll come, the names Hazel Grace by the way" she said looking me straight in the eye.

The woman was obviously alone and desperate as she trusted me straight away which I was rather thankful for as it makes this much easier to get out.

I took her hand and lead her out the door.

"Wait I need a weapon" she pleaded.

"Hunny it's okay I can protect you" I said putting my arm on her shoulder.

3 Men dressed in black with helmets on came round the corner and started shooting at us and Hazel grabbed my knifes out from my pocket and threw them right into there chests exactly where the heart is making them fall dead.

"I can protect myself thank you very much" she answered with a sassy raised eyebrow.

"God I love you already" I exclaimed making Hazel chuckle.

We ran through the corridors, round corners then out a door and into a bus full of kids which I lead Hazel to a seat.

"Where were you, you took forever"

"I had to get this woman Hazel...she's pregnant" I answered.

"Hi I'm Hazel" She said.

"Hi I'm Dominic but you can call me Dom." he answered while hitting the gas with his foot making the bus jolt forward.

Hazel Grace's POV.

We have been driving for just over an hour through broken down skyscrapers, houses and no sign of living to be found...it's like a zombie apocalypse has taken over...they call it the flare a deadly virus that feeds on the brain turning your humanity off making you just want to kill. Once you have the flare you turn into this zombie looking thing that we call cranks. It can happen to anyone except the young who are immune.

"We're here" shouted Dominic.

He said as we pulled up to the top of the mountains.

We all got out everyone walking behind as I walked with Alissa and Dom infront. We walked through a tunnel of white chalky rock and out came a circle of houses...like favelas in a circle creating an incredible community of survivors from the scorch or the maze.

"Welcome to the right arm" Alissa exclaims.

It's just incredible a community of young adults, teenagers and kids.

"Everyone follow me so I can show you around" a girl shouts.

I go to walk with everyone else to get a tour of the place, but I get pulled by my arm.

"Come we'll give a private tour" Alissa and Dom said in sync.

"Oh okay but why me, why not anyone else" I asked.

"Well because...we are also single parents, like I'm a mum of triplet boys and Dom here has a daughter. My boyfriend the love of my life died in the maze leaving me pregnant to have my boys here in the mountains and Dom's partner died in the scorch leaving him with his daughter, and now your pregnant and I guess we want to show you that you can have this baby, that you can do it and we will be here to help and support you through this pregnancy and for the baby or babies." Alissa said looking me straight in the eye while Dom had his arm around my shoulder giving me reassurance.

Dom took my hand and started the tour of the right arm. They showed me the kitchen, eating areas, medbay, bathrooms, weapons rooms, lookout tower, nursery/school, campfire, library and last but no least the bedrooms.
Which I asked to have an open bright room with a view and lots of windows to make me feel less cramped and more open and free...the opposite of the maze where I felt trapped and isolated, which is exactly what I got plus my room has a balcony giving me a view of the mountains while on the opposite of the room was double doors looking out onto the right arm circle of houses with the campfire in the middle.

A week later.

I know I had only been there a week but I really started to feel part of the community, the family, I now know everyone all the jobs it's really just the same as in the maze the runners, cooks but there are more jobs like teachers, midwives, crank killers and so many more.

Though the right arm has become my second family...the glade will always be my first and true family.
I miss them all terribly hoping there are all alive and safe and most of all happy.

I haven't slept since I got here from the fact that the gladers are on my mind hoping there okay plus I can't sleep without Newt due to my insomnia.

I just hope there all safe and happy.
———————————————————
Where are the gladers? Are they safe?
Are they okay?
Who's this new greenie?
Is everyone coping okay?
So is Hazel Grace going to have this baby or babies?
If so will she be a good mum?
Does Newt know about the pregnancy?

Find out in the next chapter of hidden in plain sight.
Thanks!!!