Chapter 15 - light.

Apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes.
——————————————————
Thomas's POV in the glade.

It's only been a week since Hazel Grace went missing and the whole glade has gone tits up, everyone has hope she's alive but I can feel that light of hope is starting to fade away.
Everyone's changed, but Newt...he's a whole different person.

At night newt sits on the wall and sobs looking for privacy...a way to grief her disappearance but seems trapped not within the maze walls but of his own walls around his heart, body, soul and mind.
Silence...silence is all we get from a newt nothing but silence.

The new greenie hasn't helped as she's a female so there's talk that Hazel is dead so they had to replace her with a new female...Teresa she seems nice and definitely beautiful but she's looking for attention when none of us even have the attention span of a goldfish at the moment.

We just finished dinner...our last dinner in the glade for tomorrow we plan to escape
the maze and I guess hope we find Hazel on the way or we do a search party once we are out...it was only a matter of time till we leave since Hazel found us the way out, we just didn't leave straight away as we were all in shock for her disappearance and Teresa's arrival.

Newts POV - Morning.

Wood...brown, pastry dry, nailed wood...the sight I see every morning for I can't sleep without Hazel Grace anymore, the haunting feeling of a cold quiet bed. Numbness...no sensation of warmth is all I feel every second of everyday. I thought when your in love the person makes you happier then you already were...well I'm only happy when I'm with her. I have nothing to live for...except faith and hope that she's alive and safe.

As I get ready for the day, I take mental pictures of the treehouse as this was her home...our home.

I angrily grabbed my light chocolate brown backpack and swung it over my shoulder and stumble my way out the door to get breakfast.
Finding frypan make a full England breakfast, I'm guessing to cheer me up as he knows it's my favourite...I go to sit on my own but Teresa comes and joyfully sits down...I can see she's just trying to be friendly and give me some company but I honestly want to slap her round the face and scream at her for I am jealous of her happiness.

I've read hundreds of novels in my life here in the glade, most of them claiming that love was the centre of the universe. That it could heal any damage inside of us. That it's what we need to survive. That love was something fictional only found in worn pages of a book. But that has all changed since I met my Elizabeth Bennet. I never thought I'd find myself completely and utterly consumed by another until her. With the snap of ones fingers my light is taken and now I'm only consumed with darkness leaving me hollow.

"Newt...Newt" Teresa exclaimed as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Huh...oh umm sorry" I say as I wonder off taking my breakfast with me leaving Teresa on her own.

Hours later

Thomas, Minho, Winston, Teresa, Chuck a few more other boys and I made it too the maze runner door before lunch ready to leave.

"Where do you think your going" Gally shouts purposely trying to get everyone to hear.

"Gally we're leaving...it's time" Thomas mumbled as he tightens his grip on his wooden spear looking at the glade with his back the doors.

"Your leaving...what so you can find Hazel well guess what she's dead just like you'll be once you leave these wall" he exclaimed.

"We don't know if she's dead" Chuck shouted right back at Gally with tears forming in his eyes.

"Really Chuck...come on" he says in a sincere tone of voice.

"Look we're still leaving" Thomas says as he takes a step back towards the maze.

"Good luck against the grievers" Gally mumbles.

Thomas turns away signifying us to move and follow him. Thomas was a great leader so we all follow without hesitation. He leads us into the maze through cuts and corners.

(Not to sure how to re-write these scenes so I hope you have watched the movie as this is where they fight against the grievers and make it out... after  the video explaining the scorch and then after Chuck and Gally's deaths. I'm starting right after Chuck and gally death.)

These doors open bringing in a blinding light with men running in pulling us to come with them. Two men had to pull me off the floor from chucks body as I gave lots of resistance.

I was dragged outside and pushed into a helicopter with the others.

"It's alright, your safe now" said the man who pulled me off Chuck.

As we took off we flew over the glade, surrounded by the maze in the middle of a desert.

Half an hour later

We landed outside a huge warehouse facility and we ran inside. Covered in bright lights and working men and women till a tall man stood before us.

"Let's get you some food in your system...the names Janson by the way" Janson said as he lead us to a door.
—————————————————
Is Janson good or bad?
Will they find Hazel Grace?
Has Hazel Grace decided to keep the baby?
Will Hazel Grace find out about Gally and chucks death?

Find out in the next chapter of hidden in plain sight.
Thanks.

Credit to Anna Todd from the after series - fully recommend.