Chapter 19 - Reunion.

Apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes
——————————————————
Newts POV.

There she was, Hazel Grace, beautiful as can be but...pregnant. As I looked at her baby bump, I began to feel a thickness in my throat as my eyes became dark like a void of nothingness, flat, cold maybe even dead. Saliva filled my mouth for me to swallow but it gave me a chocking feeling...like karma. I looked down from watching her as I couldn't bare to see the nightmare I had caused. I dug my short nails into the straps of my backpack as I gritted my teeth together.

I couldn't tell if I was angry, embarrassed maybe even guilty for not being there for her but also the fact that I feel relief for not being there.
I'm not ready to be a dad, I'm 17 I haven't even lived yet I can't be a dad. I wouldn't even be good at it.

Hazel Grace and the baby deserve better not me, a 17 year old ungrateful, bastard.

I kept feeling my eyes darting back to Hazel Grace, such an incredible woman...she doesn't need me, see she's smiling, l'd just be a nuisance of a boyfriend and father. She deserves better.

I felt a wet delicate tear fall against me cheek. I couldn't take it anymore, I wanted to scream at hatred of myself for feeling this way, that's the woman I love and my child and I want to run the other way in fear and guilt. God I'm such a disgrace.

"So you guys ready to meet everyone" Alissa asked with a big smile while leaning towards the crowd of people that included Hazel Grace.

"We're leaving" I blurted out at everyone, making all eyes dart onto me. Everyone saw the state I was in, the crimson blood dripping from my palms of where my nails dug into, the droplets of sweat dripping from my forehead as my hands began to shake vigorously.

Everyone sighed. Some in understanding and some in anger and disappointment...

as long as you are under the same stars as mine, ill be okay.
I hope you will be too. I thought as if my love could hear me.

And that was it we left the right arm.

6 years later.

Today is the day all the mazes meet up for a reunion. Supposedly it's a big show a kind of look back on our journeys, it includes red carpets, interviews, photos etc.
it's a way of reminiscing our time in the maze, feels like I'm going to the bloody Oscar's but surrounded by people who were in the mazes.

6 years ago we found out that Thomas was the cure, and we internationally shipped this to every persons so everyone was cured from being cranks...saving the world I guess.

We all survived.
Me, Minho, Thomas, fry, we even found Gally, Jorge, Aris, Brenda .etc.

Though Teresa did die, to be honest I was really pleased that she died, she did make my Life a living hell and she betrayed us which is even worse.

But six years ago today I left Hazel Grace in the right Arm...pregnant. I haven't seen her since but today is the reunion meaning hopefully if she is still alive I'll get to see her once again. Ever since the right arm I have regretted leaving her, at the time it seemed like the right thing to do, since she deserved better than me, she deserved a father for her child...my child and I knew I would never be the father she needed me to be or boyfriend.

Oh and Minho and Thomas got married and are planning on adopting a Child.
Gally has gotten married...3 times, and frypan still has his girlfriend of 5 years...Brenda.

Me well I haven't done anything...except we'll change my name. I no longer serve the name of newt since he was a kind selfless man, a gentleman and now I'm a man who leaves his pregnant girlfriend in the mountains within an army. So I'm now called Newton...newton watts. Though all the boys still call me Newt.