Chapter 4 - saviour.

Apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes.
———————————-
Newt's POV

I turned away in Hazel Grace's bed so she could only see my back.

I couldn't believe I met the most beautiful, strong, independent, kind girl I've ever seen, well I don't remember any other girls so.....
But I can't believe she wants me to forget about her, I have this magnetic pull to her like I need to get to know her. That when I look into her eyes I get a feeling of butterflies in my stomach.

I'm shocked she's been here all this time and I had never seen her.

She obviously hadn't been eating right as she was very skinny, probably because all she's been eating is our leftovers, and we are a bunch of blocks who eat a lot so usually there's barely even half a meal leftover. Which for some reason I feel completely worried for her, like I need to protect her...I don't know...maybe I'm crazy.

She makes me curious as to how she sneaked around without us seeing, how she was able to get onto the maze wall and went in the maze, how she seen a griever, how she built this treehouse all on her own. I just want to know more.

I heard Hazel Grace walk the other way from me. So I quietly turned back around to watch her sit against the window sill holding her knees to her chest while watching the stars from the window with her forest green eyes.

Bloody shanks I'm going crazy, she's making me crazy!!!
I know I just met her but I have this crazy pull to her, like I need her. Yep I'm definitely going crazy.

Should I do something?...Well what's there to lose.

"Hazel Grace, if this is the last time I see you will you at least lay down with me and try to fall asleep" I say a little sternly pulling up the duvet so there's space for her to climb in.

She turned around to look me eye, she hesitated like she's debating if she can trust me or not, which is completely understandable but then she slightly nodded and gracefully got into bed beside me. I watched as she untied her hair and ran her finger through it before leaning back. Im actually rather surprised I got her to lay down with me.

I decided to pluck up the courage to pull her closer.

I placed my arm around her small bony waist and pulled her close, she seemed startled at first by my warm touch on her cold icy skin but she relaxed and placed her head against my chest. I watched as a piece of her hair gracefully falls covering a part of her forehead so I gently brush the hair around her ear, and admire her beauty.

I took her hand in mine like my hand was made for hers. We just fit together so perfectly. She seemed a little confused and rather nervous, that her cheeks began to burn up to a shade of crimson red, making me cheekily smirk that I can affect her in this way. But once I started caressing her hand with my thumb she tightened her hold on mine and didn't let go. I just felt such a strong connection to her already, like we were magnets.

I was hoping she'd try and sleep, and of course a few minutes later she was out cold .
I watched her sleep for god knows how long, watching her chest rise and fall like my eyes were glued to her to make sure she was breathing that she was alive and this wasn't just a dream.
I softly kissed the top of her forehead and slowly drifted asleep.

Hazel Grace's POV.

Slowly my heavy eyelids fluttered open to notice I was still resting my head on Newts chests and to find my legs and hands tangled with his. We looked like a tangled mess, but in a good way.

I saw the bright light of the sun burn my eyes making me squint.
Wait...I fell asleep! I fell asleep!!! I FEEL ASLEEP FOR MORE THAN 3 HOURS!!!

How? Newt? Is Newt the key to my insomnia? Is it because I feel safe and comfortable in his arms?