Chapter 1 - my name is...

(Set before Chuck Thomas and Teresa came in to the maze)
If your expecting a well written story this is not it, it's my first time writing so give me a break.

Just a chapter to explain her situation and the maze runner background. If you have watched the movie you can skim through and just read about her situation and who she is.
———————————————
three years ago today I came up in the box (a hole or lift in the centre) which led me to the glade a square flat piece of green the size of 2 football pitches. trapped behind 4 mammoth sized walls and 1 open door leading to the maze. A maze of cold concrete ivy covered walls.

I was all alone.

I had to survive on my own by Killing to eat, searching for water and sleeping on the cold wet ground.

The box provides the essentials e.g. wood, beds, hammocks, tools, ingredients, batteries, kitchen supplies, weapons etc.

Using the essentials I decided to create a treehouse in the forest within the glade, to sleep there, cook there everything. Until one month later a boy turns up, a tall boy with dark skin, no hair and brown eyes. I was too scared to come out of the woods so I didn't. I didn't trust him so I stayed hidden.

Every month a new greenie turns up in the box with the essentials (we can also ask for things, but we don't always get them) it is now been three years with about 30 boys and no girls...well except me, but no one has ever seen me. When everyone goes to sleep I go out at night and I do my part which is one of Alby's rules.
Alby became the leader of the glade well that's what they called it at least the glade.

Alby created three rules:

1. never hurt another glader
2. Do your part (job)
3. Never go into the maze (unless your a runner)

See I wasn't part of the Glader family no one even knew I was here so I thought why should I listen to the rules!

rules are there to be broken.
Am I right?

I only listen to rule 2 to do my part.
I spent three years creating my treehouse every night when it gets dark so I can do my part, everyone in the glade has a job either med-jack or a runner or even a builder. I decided to create my own part, my own job...I do all of them. At night I go to clean frypan's pans like a cook. I restock the bandages like a med-jack. I build my treehouse like a builder. Instead of running like a runner I sit on the wall to look out and kill grievers from above using my bow and arrow. Etc.

You see no one knows you can go on top of the walls...but I found a way using rope, a tree, clothing hanger and a toothbrush. I swing myself from my tree like a monkey in a jungle onto the wall when everyone is asleep.

What's a griever you may be thinking, well it's a sort of a spider with mechanical metal legs and a scorpion tail, at the end of the tail it has venom on it we call it the sting if you get stung you change, your humanity is turned off and all you want to do is kill.

Not a pretty sight if you ask me.

When a greenie comes out of the box they don't remember anything the only thing we are left with is our name. Who ever put us here (we call them the creators) must brainwash us and steal our memories, the only thing we are left with to remember is our name.

The only thing I remember is my name like everyone else. My name is Hazel Grace Some call me Hazel some call me Grace Some call me Hazel Grace. I think that's what they call me I remember both names and them together so I guess there both my first name.

And I have a feeling that this is only the beginning.
————————————————-
What's the real reason she hid?
How long till someone sees her?

Thank you for reading the first chapter of hidden in plain sight.
sorry for any spelling mistakes.