Chapter 17 - kick.

Apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes.
Hazel Grace's baby bump🔝
———————————
In the right arm - Hazel Grace's POV.

I flipped the page of the book. Eager to know what happens next. 'Her face fell as she realised who it as been all alon—'
The sudden feeling of eyes on me stopped my reading. I slowly lift my head. My gaze immediately met contact with his ocean blue eyes. I let out a breath, that I didn't even know I was holding in.

"You scared me" I confessed, shutting my book. I lightly place it on the desk on my right, and pat the space next to me on the bed, signally for him to come sit next to me. His eyes light up, and he slightly smiles. Walking slowly to where I sat, he lays down on his side, putting his head on my thigh. I smile and begin lightly scratching his back, my other hand runs lightly through his soft hair.

"Please can you read to me, Auntie Grace." He asks looking me in the eye.

And before I could reply his two twin brothers come crashing through the door and sit on the bed.

"Read to us Auntie Grace, pleaseee" the boys ask.

"Okay then just for a little bit as I think dinner will be ready soon" I grabbed my book from my right off the desk and gently open it against my baby bump and start to read.

It's now been exactly 4 months since I've seen the gladers, nearly half way through my pregnancy. Every night I lay awake silently praying that they are alive and healthy...I really miss Newt and my brother...well everyone really. Gally's overprotectiveness, frypan's stew, Chuck's jokes, Winston's banter, Minho's sassiness...I miss everything really. 

"BOYSSS, HAZEL DINNER TIME!!" Alissa shouted at us.

"Coming mummy!!!" The boys scream back.

The 2 boys run away for dinner. Except Klaus. Aidan and max are very boisterous, sporty and loud compared to klaus who is a quiet bookworm.

"Do you need help getting up Auntie Grace" klaus asked slowly getting up from my thigh. standing in front of me he offers his hands to help pull me up. I grasp his hands and slowly pull myself up.

"Thank you hunny" I replied pulling my self up with his support. I hold his hand and lead him out the door to dinner.

"Hello lovely, how are you?" Dom questioned placing his hand on my bump. "Are you being good to your mummy?"

"No they've turned and their leaning their head on my bladder so I have to pee every 10 minutes." I scolded slowly going over to the table and tuck klaus in for some dinner.

I go to sit down next to Dom's daughter, Blair, who's just turned 9 while the boys are 5.

I've been here in the right arm for 4 months. It's slightly the same as the glade in ways like you need a job. I used to be the general. Head of weapons, Protection and killing of the cranks. But since I'm half way through my pregnancy I can no longer fight so I've given the job temporarily to Ryder, ( however everyone still calls me general, not sure why.) while I've decided since I'm pregnant I'm going to be a teacher to all the kids in the right arm. (there's only 21 kids and I'm the only pregnant woman at the moment.)
Though supposedly I'm only nice to the kids since my hormones are all over the place I have baby fever but I'm rude and snappy to anyone over the age of 15. In easy words don't piss me off your I will literally kill you ;)

Later around the bonfire.

"Omg omg the baby just kicked" I cried out making everyone run over to feel. Everyone's hands were on my belly some cold piercing hands, some boiling hot from the fire. "Wow there really kicking...hard" i faltered with furrowed eyebrows.

"Maybe Auntie Grace is having triplets like mummy" max cheered.

"No baby, if she was having triplets she'd need medication for the pain." Alissa explained.

"Maybe she's having twins...she's obviously in pain so it can't be a single baby and if it's not super painful she's not having triplets so she must be having twins. Her baby bump is big for 4 months and not huge like she's holding triplets." Blair implied making everyone overthink.

"Oh my gosh, I'm having twins!" I cheered.
2 baby's, how incredible...it made sense since Thomas and I are twins, I guess it goes down in the genes.

"Oh how exciting...right time for bed everyone." Alissa announced.
Everyone said Goodnight and parted to their rooms.

Instead of going off to bed I made my way to the beach where my balcony looks onto.
The sun was slowing going down making the sand sparkle like a million Jules. The feeling of gritty sand in between my toes made me squirm. The wind blew lightly onto the sea making white foam. I walked right to the water so I could sit in the sand with only my feet in the chilly water. The smell of saltwater and seaweed made me feel relaxed and calm. I felt like I was in sauna but with a light cool breeze to make it a perfect temperature. As I looked onto the sea I saw a whale come up for air giving me a feeling of freedom. the sunlight begins to fade leaving me in darkness with lights behind me.

I start to sing the song I wrote a few months ago.

Listen to the song at the top. (Dancing with your ghost - Sasha Sloan)

Dom and Alissa join me and start to sing the last verse with me as we dance in the sand.

I'm ready to move on now.
Newts gone and I'm never going to see him again.
I need to let him go.
———————————————————
Ahh Hazel Grace is having twins.
Is Hazel going to move on.
Will Newt and Hazel meet again...if so as friends or lovers... enemies?
Is Hazel Grace really happy or is it all an act?
Where are the gladers?

Find out in the next chapter of hidden in plain sight.
Thanks.