24

April 5, 1991

The Buckingham's were eating a lunch of a grilled cheese for the older ones and cooked veggies and applesauce for the youngest one, when Stevie clears her throat.

"I think we need to redo the top floor of the house." 

"What do you mean?" Lindsey inquires.

"Well there's seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms in this house. Three of which are in use all of the time. So that leaves four guest rooms open. One of them needs to become a nursery, and then I want to make it so we double up the guest rooms. Leave one the way it is with one king-sized bed in it for my mom or your mom when they come, the one with the private ensuite that you used when you first moved in. And the other two I want to get rid of the two kings and replace them with two queens. Does that make sense?" Stevie asks.

"You have an ulterior motive though." Lindsey points out.

"I do...I want to go into town at that baby boutique where we got the stuff for the girls and get stuff for the nursery." Stevie nods.

"There's more though." Lindsey sighs.

"You're right. I think we should redo the girls' rooms." 

"You what?" Lindsey can almost feel the hit to his wallet. 

"I'm not buying them any new furniture I just think we should paint their rooms and remodel. Especially now that Cordelia's in a big girl bed, the room layout needs to shift a little bit." Stevie shrugs. 

"But while we're shopping you're going to buy more things for the girls, not just the baby." Lindsey states.

"Yes, because Cordelia's outgrown a lot of her clothes." Stevie nods.

"So we're going after lunch I take it." Lindsey sighs. Stevie just smiles and nods. 

***

Prior to going out into public, the girls were still in their pajamas because Stevie was doing laundry and usually when she does Laundry she lets the girls have a pajama day. But now they have to go shopping so it required Stevie to get them dressed. She had dressed Cordelia in a light pink teeshirt with embroidered pink flowers on it a jean skirt and then she threw a green jean jacket over her shoulders putting her feet in a pair of brown ballet flats. Cordelia's blonde curls were now long enough for Stevie to put into a half up half down hairstyle and then she shipped her down to Lindsey so she could get Misty ready. Misty's outfit was a white short sleeve peasant blouse with yellow flowers on it and a jean skort with a pair of yellow mary janes and a yellow cardigan. Then Stevie dressed herself in a black chiffon skirt that ended at her knees, her black open-toed wedges, and a red blouse that showed off her small baby bump. 

At the store, Lindsey had Misty and they were just loitering as Stevie and Cordelia looked around the store. 

"Your third?" The girl behind the counter asks Lindsey when she walks up to him.

"Yeah, our third." He nods.

"So just looking for clothes then?" 

"No, my wife is picking out Nursery Furniture. This one is only one and the one that's running around over there is three we bought them convertible cribs so we are in need of a third crib and whatever else she decides she wants to do." Lindsey shrugs.

"Well if let me know if you need anything." She grins going back behind the counter. 

He nodded and then joined Cordelia and Stevie by the baby bedding sets. 

"Look, daddy." Cordelia points to a bed set. The picture on the packaging showed a grey quilt with a black crescent moon in the middle with a white baby bear sleeping on it surrounded by white and dark grey clouds and black stars.