22

January 8, 1991

Stevie came home from the recording studio and the house was quiet and she cocked an eyebrow. 

She ventured further into the house and saw at the dining room table candles and food.

"Lindsey?" She asks.

"Happy first Anniversary Angel." He smirks standing up and going to kiss her. 

"Did you do all of this?" She asks.

"I decorated your mother cooked. They took the girls and are staying with Chris and Lori tonight." Lindsey explains.

"Why?" 

"So we could spend the night alone." Lindsey wiggles her eyes. 

"Oh..." Stevie laugh.

"Mmhmm," Lindsey smirks pulling her into his arms. 

After they have dinner and share some wine and a small cake Lindsey bought them they made their way upstairs and they made love several times into the night. 

January 29, 1991

It was Misty's first birthday and as soon as Stevie woke up a giant grin broke out onto her face. Lindsey wasn't next to her, but she was happy because she had planned this giant first birthday party. But Giant was stretching it because it was literally just going to be Lori, Christopher, them, and her parents but she was excited nonetheless. Chris and Lori lived in Los Angeles but Barabra and Jess were only in Los Angeles from December 24th through the end of January specifically for the Holidays and Misty's first birthday. Lindsey was on edge cause he didn't like living with his in-laws for a that long period of time, but he wasn't complaining. 

She got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom to get ready for the day and once she emerged downstairs she saw her mom flipping pancakes at the stove. Jess, Lindsey, and Cordelia were eating pancakes at the table, and Lindsey had Misty on his lap a little bowl of oatmeal in front of her and she was feeding herself, messily but she was still feeding herself and Stevie pressed in. 

"Why didn't anyone wake me?" She asks. 

"We didn't' think it was necessary dear." Barbara states.

"Of course it's necessary it's my baby's first birthday." She walks over to Lindsey kissing him and then kissing her girls. 

"And your party isn't until after dinner so we didn't want to worry about it," Barbara explains placing a plate of pancakes slathered in syrup in front of her, and she, greedily, because she was very hungry cut into them and as soon as one piece hit her tongue she felt a tingling in her chin and she had to force herself to swallow it but as soon as it was down it wanted to come back up so she excused herself to the bathroom. 

She couldn't understand why she threw up but she did. All she did was shook herself out of it and rinsed her mouth before making her way back out into the kitchen and she looked at the plate and nausea rose up in her again. She just gulped and pushed the plate away and Lindsey looked at her.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, there's just too much syrup on it. It's too sweet." Stevie explains. 

"I'm sorry, you usually like a bunch of syrup." Barbara takes the plate away and hands her one that was simply just buttered. 

"I know, I don't know why, but I know." Stevie states.

"Are you pregnant," Jess states biting into his pancakes.

"What?" Stevie questions.

"Are you pregnant?" Jess repeats. 

"Well, are you?" Barbara prods.

"I don't...what?' Stevie looks between the adults.

"So if she is, she doesn't know." Barbara points out.

"What makes you think I would be pregnant?" Stevie inquires.

"Did you just go and puke?" Babara pokes.

"I...yeah, I did." She nods. 

"You'd be about five weeks if it happened the night of your anniversary." Barbara points out.

"Look, I threw up once because of the sweetness. I'm not tired, I'm not bloated, My boobs don't hurt. If it keeps happening then I'll take a test but right now, I don't think I am pregnant. I don't even think I can get pregnant." Stevie rolls her eyes. Lindsey just sitting there white as a sheet.

"Lindsey you're quiet." Jess states.

"I'm staying out of it. If she is pregnant that's wonderful. If she's not that's okay too." Lindsey shrugs. But the truth was, Lindsey could see it. Her boobs were slightly swollen, not noticeable unless you were staring at them and had stared at them before, and he accidentally elbowed her the night prior and she hissed and went after him to be more careful. 

"What we talkin bout?" Cordelia inquires. 

"Nothing, nothing for you to worry about." Stevie states. 

***

That night, Stevie was cleaning up from the "party" with Misty on her hip in her little gold tunic and white leggings with gold hearts on them when Christopher cleared his throat. 

"So Lori and I are going back to Arizona with mom and dad in a couple of days." 

"Oh?" Stevie inquires.

"We um, we're going to move there." Christopher states.

"You're moving to Arizona?" Stevie asks.

"We are...and I'm quitting." Lori bites her lip.

"You're what?" Stevie asks.

"I'll still do the music video for Sometimes It's a Bitch with you, but I'm not touring," Lori explains.

"Why?" Stevie asks.

"We're trying for a baby." Chris states.

"You're trying for a baby..." Stevie repeats.

"We are." Lori nods.

"Well, then keep working until you get pregnant. It sounds like you're putting all your eggs in one basket...quite literally, and if you aren't pregnant right now slow it down a little bit." Stevie repeats.

"But that's the thing...I am." Lori explains.

"You are...as in you are having one of these."She points to Misty on her hip. 

"Yeah, I'm ten weeks." She nods.

"Oh my god, Congrats." Stevie goes over and hugging Lori tightly. 

But as she hugged Lori, feeling Misty against her hip she started thinking. She was happy with Cordelia and Misty. They were everything to her and she was lucky to have gotten Misty when she was three days old, so she got to experience the baby aspect of it all. But what she didn't get to experience was the pregnancy. She didn't get to feel the baby kicks, she didn't get to feel the somersaults, she didn't get to experience giving birth. She didn't get to sit in anticipation waiting to find out the gender of the baby. She didn't get to pick their names and while she loves the name Cordelia, she wasn't a big fan of Misty but there was nothing she could do about it. 

And after everyone had left she called Karen and requested that in the morning she bring her a pregnancy test.