20

October 4, 1990

Lindsey had the girls going a mile a minute. At nine months old Misty was saying "Dada", "Dee," For Delia, and "Bye-bye" she can walk if Lindsey puts her in the little baby cruiser thing he bought without Stevie's knowledge. She's pulling herself up in a standing position if she's by furniture. Cordelia is just a little pistol running around the house and the backyard. Lindsey takes them to the park every Wednesday and she's started making friends. 

They were getting ready to eat lunch MTV playing on the television when Lindsey stops moving and sitting down, taking both the girls into his arms. 

"Mama's on TV." Cordelia points.

"Yeah, let's listen to it." He sighs turning the volume up.

"We are here at the Hard Rock Cafe where Fleetwood Mac is donating a guitar used by Rick Vito on their Current Behind the Mask Tour. So what made you guys decide to donate this..." 

Lindsey tones out what Rick Vito says never having acquired a taste for the man, he believes he and Billy Burnette have totally changed Fleetwood Mac in the sense that they even play Landslide different. They made it more pop-y and he hates it. But he perks up again when Christine talks.

"Actually we do have some news don't we...I am retiring from touring. I still plan on going in and making another album with Fleetwood Mac, but I don't see myself touring after this one wraps in December." Christien explains.

"Me too, actually..." Stevie chimes.

"Now Stevie, are you leaving your solo career too?" The interviewer questions.

"No, um...I am going back in the studio in the new year and will be releasing a greatest hits album with a few new songs on it...but my reasoning stems from the fact that I can't do both right now...and with just my solo career I have more weight." Stevie sighs.

"Why can't you do it anymore?"

"Um, well...I guess, I can talk about it now...um, Lindsey Buckingham and I got back together...we actually got married on January 8th." Stevie nods before getting cut off.

"Former Fleetwood Mac Guitarist, Lindsey Buckingham..."

"Yes, Lindsey and I made amends and we got back together, like I said married on January 8th, 1990. And we are the proud parents of two sweet little girls we adopted them...well we started the adoption process when the baby was 3 days old and the oldest was two, but in July we officially signed the adoption papers. So to be the best mom I can be, I need to be there with my kids. And I can tell you that Misty, she's the baby...she's crawling now and she's talking and I'm missing those vital moments and it absolutely kills me that I'm missing it all. So while I'm not necessarily stopping my solo career I'm leaving gaps because what happened was I came off of the Other Side of the Mirror Tour in December of 1989. Got married in January, didn't even go on a honeymoon because Lindsey was in the studio. Then we got the girls in very early February. I got to be with them for maybe a month and a half and then I was back in the studio with Fleetwood Mac and we recorded non-stop until May and then I got the summer with them. We've had them for ten months and I think I've maybe been with them all of four months and a few sparing weeks. Lindsey was more than happy to stop working and be with them so I could work but now I feel like it's my turn because he'll be with them all next year while I do that Greatest Hits thing so I want to be with my girls. My girls are my top priority right now and they can't be if I'm doing both careers." Stevie explains and Lindsey was happy with the way she handled that. 

"Have you guys met Stevie's kids."

"We did...we met when did we meet Misty?" 

"March right when recording started because Cordelia had that stomach bug so I brought her to work and Lindsey stayed with Delia...but you haven't met Cordelia yet I don't think." Stevie shakes her head. 

"She was the cutest little creature." Christine grins. 

"She's grown so much Chris it's stupid...you'll have to come over and see them." Stevie grins. 

"You seem to be such a proud mom." The interviewer grins.

"I am, they're my whole entire world." Stevie smiles. 

***

November 11, 1990

Lindsey was stunned as he hung the phone up. He gulped and then he called Stevie's manager. At first, Glen didn't want to divulge where she was but when Lindsey started to threaten Glen finally gave in and got him Stevie's hotel room number. He knew as soon as she had answered that he had woken her up but at that specific moment he didn't care. 

"Steph I have to take the girls to San Francisco," Lindsey explains. 

"What?" Stevie asks not entirely awake. 

"The girls and I have to go to San Francisco," Lindsey repeats.

"Why do you and the girls have to go to San Francisco?" Stevie inquires. They were going to go over Thanksgiving because Lindsey's side of the family still hasn't met the girls yet.

"Because my brother just died." He states.

"What!" Stevie gasps and he could tell that, that got her attention. 

"Greg had a heart attack in the pool and they didn't get to him in time." Lindsey states.

"Oh Lindsey, honey I'm sorry. I can tell Mick I have to go home." She states.

"No, it's fine. The funeral is going to be on the fifteenth, there's no way you'll get everything situated by then. Don't worry about it." Lindsey shakes his head.

"We're off on the fifteenth Lindsey. I'll be there." Stevie tells him.

"Steph, you really don't..." Lindsey starts but she cuts him off.

"I know I don't...but I am going to." Stevie states.

"Well anyway, I was just calling to tell you that I had to take the girls. I didn't want you to call the house or something and us not be here." Lindsey explains.

"Well thank you for telling me." Stevie sighs. 

***

Taking the girls to San Francisco without Stevie was hard because an extra set of hands made comforting and changing and feeding the kids so much easier but now he had to do it all himself stopping on the drive several times but they made it to San Francisco and the morning of Greg's funeral Lindsey was getting the girls ready upstairs when the doorbell rang. Daryl, his brother Jeff's wife called that she had got it. Lindsey didn't pay any mind until he heard his mother's sob's ring out through the house and then he corraled his girls and went downstairs to see what was going on, and when he got down there he saw his mother in a tight embrace with his wife and then Cordelia saw her. 

"MAMAS! MAMAS! MAMAS!" Ruth chuckled and pulled away as Stevie turned around and squatted down her arms opening up and pulling her into them. 

Stevie stood up with Cordelia in her arms. Cordelia straddled Stevie's waist and pretty much koala-d her allowing Stevie to take her arms off of Cordelia and hug Lindsey pressing their three-year-old in between them. 

Lindsey just placed his free hand on her cheek and mouthed a thank you and then she nodded and kissed him.