9

Getting the girls home, Stevie felt a sudden relief. Lindsey sat the carrier down on the little bench and Stevie took Misty out and cradled her close. She ate at McDonald's and now she was fast asleep. 

"Wha do?" Cordelia questions.

"Well, do you want to go see your room?" Lindsey questions squatting down next to her.

"I have own womb?" Delia asks.

"You do, you have your own room." Lindsey nods.

"Go see." Delia cheers.

"Alright, come on." Lindsey chuckles taking her hand and helping her up the stairs. Stevie follows behind veering into her bedroom to get the moby wrap and to situate herself and Misty. 

Lindsey waits because he knows that Stevie wants to be there when she sees her room for the first time, so when she does appear he pushes the door open and Cordelia goes to explore it. 

"Dis mine?" Cordelia questions.

"Yeah, this is yours." Stevie smiles going to sit in the chair, rubbing Misty's little butt as she does so. 

"My toys?" She questions going to the toybox.

"Yeah, those are your toys." Lindsey smiles 

"Indsey blocks." Cordelia dumps the box out and he chuckles falling down to the floor and pulling her into his lap. 

Stevie watches them for a while before Misty starts crying and she stands up excusing herself to go to the other nursery. She changes Misty's diaper with a little bit of struggle because of the smell of the little's baby's poop but she gags her way through it. And then she just goes downstairs. Misty's wide awake so Stevie goes into the living room and she flicks the television on and she plops on the couch, her back against the arm and her knees pulled up to her chest, Little Misty laying on her lap. 

She smiles at the baby and kisses her little forehead and then she reaches behind her and grabs the phone and dials Karen's number. 

"Hello." 

"I'm a mommy." Stevie beams.

"Hmm?" Karen questions.

"Lindsey and I are now in the process of adopting two little girls. Nothing is set in stone yet but we're...we're...they're with us right now." Stevie smiles.

"Well can I come over and meet these little munchkins then?" Karen questions.

"Of course you can. And stay for dinner. I'm going to make chicken quesadillas." Stevie explains.

"Is it safe for your baby?" 

"Well she's two and we have a list of things that she can eat and how to eat them and I'm going to shred the chicken and I'm going to cut it up into really tiny pieces and I'm going to make some rice to go with it," Stevie explains.

"Alright, I'll be over soon. I can't wait to meet them." Karen hangs up the phone. After she hangs up with Karen she calls her parents and then she noticed that Misty had fallen back asleep so she gave her a sweet kiss and she sat her in the pack and play and went to start making dinner.

Stevie's shredding the chicken when she hears the front door open and Karen appears in the archway of the kitchen.

"How'd you find me?" Stevie asks.

"I heard you banging around pots and pans. So where're these babies?" Karen inquires. 

"Come on." Stevie motions with her hand and leads Karen into the living room where Misty is sleeping peacefully in the little pack and play. 

"Oh, Stevie she's so tiny." 

"This is Misty...She's four days old." Stevie states.

"How'd you get a fresh out of the womb baby?" Karen crosses her arms.

"Mom died in childbirth and her dad died in a car accident in November. No extended family wanted to lay claim to them." Stevie shrugs.

"So where's her sister?" Karen inquires.

"Upstairs...c'mon." Stevie motions with her head. Stevie and Karen popped into Cordelia's room and the mess that the two of them had going made Stevie's eyes bulge out of her head.

"I left you alone for three hours." Stevie crosses her arms.

"We playin Teevie." Cordelia smiles.

"I can see that, are you and daddy having fun," Stevie asks the daddy just slipping past her lips, not even paying attention.

"Yeah Indsey and I buildin." Cordelia grins.

"Well, Cordelia I'd like you to meet someone...this is your Aunt Karen." Stevie smiles.

"Hey, sweetheart." Karen smiles.

"Hi." Cordelia tells her.

"Alright...hey, you and daddy clean this up and when you're done it'll be dinner time okay." Stevie smiles.

"Kay." Cordelia beams. 

When they get downstairs, Karen looks at her. "She's got really good manners." 

"I didn't know she had them. She barely spoke to us until we walked into this house. I don't know if she was scared or what but she just kind of opened up when we got her here." Stevie shrugs going back to work on dinner before a loud cry echoes through the house. 

Stevie stops what she's doing and she makes her way into the living room and scoops the sweet baby into her arms. Misty immediately starts rooting for her breast and Stevie quickly goes to make a bottle for the little girl. 

***

When they finish their dinner, Stevie hands the baby off to Lindsey and she turns her attention to Cordelia.

"Delia, let's hop in the bath and get ready for bed hmm?" Stevie asks holding her hands out to her.

"Kay." She smiles reaching up and Stevie picks her up under her armpits and carries her up the stairs. 

"Let's pick out your jammies and some underwear?" Stevie holds her on her hip and opens the top drawer. 

Cordelia points to a pair of white underwear with blue flowers on them and Stevie grabs them and then she moves down to the next drawer and pulls it open and Cordelia points to the kitty jammies which is a two-piece set. The top has a cat face on it and the sleeves are pink leopard print matching the pants.

Once Stevie bathes her Stevie is sitting in the chair and Delia is looking at the books, she pulls out If You Give A Mouse A Cookie and throws it on Stevie's lap, and then she toddles out of the room and stands at the top of the stairs yelling, 

"INDSEY, INDSEY!" 

Stevie just laughs and gets comfy on the chair and waits until Lindsey appears in the doorway with both of their girls and he holds her glasses out to her.

"Yeah, I might need those...Alright Sunflower, come here." Stevie pats her lap.

"Sunflower." 

"Do you mind if I call you Sunflower?" 

"No..." She crawls on Stevie's lap and makes herself comfy snuggling the white blanket with hearts on it and the owl to her chest. 

After Stevie reads to her, the new parents tuck her in and Stevie kisses her forehead.