Duff McKagan - I'm Not Jealous

1980

High school parties. The one type of event you found interesting but never bothered to go to one. So when your friend Duff invited you to some party, you agreed to go.

You wore a plain black t-shirt with some black jeans. You put on a necklace, well small chains that had two circles, connected by a lock in the middle. Being that you both were 16, and it was the beginning of a new decade, the 1980s, you didn't make your makeup too dramatic.

Duff showed up at your door, promising your parents that he'd bring you home in time, and surprisingly agreed.

"So, any stops before we head to the party?" Duff asked, taking a lead from the tree down the sidewalk.

"I don't think we need to go anywhere." You told him.

You and Duff talked about school homework, and Led Zeppelin of course! You argued about which song was the best on Led Zeppelin III, and when you finally came to an agreement, you arrived at the house where the party was being hosted.

(Tangerine has to be my favorite btw)

The part was loud. A small band from school was playing in the middle of the living room, as kids from the age of 12 to 18 were there!

"Those 12 year olds party more than we do!" Duff laughed.

♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬

The later time went, the more drunk teenagers got. In a way, they sort of had the right to let loose. After all, the semester had just ended, and most exams and tests the teachers were handing out were done.

A large group of teens danced around, their dance moves all over the place, clearly enjoying themselves as they danced with strangers. You were so caught up in looking at the band that was playing you hadn't realized Duff was talking to someone.

"Earth to y/n!" Duff laughed as he waved his hand.

"Sorry! What's going on?" You sighed, also laughing.

"This is Sheryl." He said, pointing out the girl next to him.

Sorry if your name is Sheryl 😔

"Hi! I'm y/n." You smiled, as she shook your hand.

"Nice to meet you. Are you and Duff dating?" She asked.

Both of your faces made embarrassed expressions. You never really saw Duff in a romantic type of way, but now Sheryl got you thinking.

"Ha! No we're not dating!" You awkwardly laughed, as you hid your face.

"I was just asking. You don't really seem like his type." She blankly said.

You were silent the entire time, and when she tried talking to you, you had no problem bringing attitude and some rudeness in your responses.

Duff noticed what was going on, and although he tried to make you comfortable, you wouldn't budge.

You decided to try and dance, and leave the two to talk.

"Here, take my necklace. I don't want it in the way." You said as you put the chain over his head. He smiled.

"Okay. Have fun out there." He joked.