Preference - High School

Axl -
You had become friends with Axl long before he dropped out of school. He was considered an 'outcast' to most in your high school, but he looked like a kid who just wanted to get through the tough high school days.

Long before he renamed himself Axl, most kids at school called him Bill Bailey. His hair color definitely made him stand out from other people, but he had a mysterious character to him. He seemed repulsed by school, but you being in his classes, you saw he was quite good at school.

The two of you became acquainted in your early years of high school, both exchanging answers for homework assignments, and you laughing at his remarks about your teachers.

The two of you became 'study buddies' calling each other late at night for homework, and sometimes just talking the night away. You would twirl your finger around the phone cord as you laughed a lot a joke he told you. Most of the time he'd call you from a phone booth since he liked to be out. You also got to know his other friend Jeffrey.

Your friends had no idea what you saw in him. When you'd eat lunch with your friends, he would stop by your table, telling you something he found out. Your friends saw the way your face would light up when you were near him, hinting that you liked him.

After he dropped out of high school, your school life became dull. The two of you would call each other every day still, but it wasn't the same. It was as if school had been black and white, and everyday was the same repeated thing.

After building a stronger friendship with 'Bill' for the rest of your senior year. He asked you out in the best way possible, by showing up to school again. Although he didn't attend for a long time, he knew it made you happy that you got to see him, and he'd always be the light of your day.

Slash -
You had only done your first two years of high school before you dropped out. You had to handle your family life at home, and worked long hours to help sustain funds for your families house.

You had a friend you knew since kindergarten, who you would see. She would wait for you at the bench in the courtyard, and you'd go to talk to her. One day, there was miscommunication, and she didn't show up, leaving you to sit there alone.

A tall figure with short curly hair at the time was walking around the courtyard, and he thought you were a teacher so he did the only thing he could do: he tried to be a kiss up.

"Can you fucking relax?!? I'm not a teacher I'm your age?" You laughed as he rambled on about why he wasn't in class. "Thank goodness- I thought I was gonna get thrown into detention." He sighed in relief.

"How come I've never seen you? I feel like I have though?" He asked confused. "I dropped out." You muttered. He made an 'O' shape with his mouth. "Can I?" He asked as he pointed to the bench. "Go ahead." You scooted over.

"How come you left if you don't mind me asking?" He questioned. "Eh- it was just some family issues with money, and I had to help." You explained. He nodded as you told him. "I know this sounds weird since we barely know each other, but I kind of admire you for that." He smiled. You returned the favor. "It's no big deal really-" You told him flustered.

"Well I gotta get going now! After this bell rings I usually have to start my shift. I'll see you later?" You asked as you sprung out of where you were sitting. "Sure! Can you wait a sec?" He said. He pulled out a crinkled paper from his pocket, and picked up a pen that was left on the floor. He proceeded to write numbers on the slips of paper.

"Here you go!" He smiled. "I'll see you later." He walked away. You held up the paper as you saw numbers and you smiled to yourself.

That boy actually admired you.