Steven Adler - Lonely Hearts

The Valentines Day dance. The one event you were dreading to go to. Your friends convinced you to go, but that's just because they each a valentine to go with.

"I think Saul will like this dress." Your friend told you as she looked at the rack of dresses.

"It looks nice." You sighed.

"Don't be such a party pooper Y/N!" She frowned.

"East for you to say! You have a date." You argued.

"You could go with Steven." She suggested.

"I'm pretty sure he has a valentine to take." You said looking at her.

"Well let's just pick something nice to wear! I'm sure some cute guy will sweep you off your feet." She smiled.

———

You looked at your black platform shoes, taking a small towel to shine them. You looked in the mirror, straightening any wrinkles to your outfit.

"You look great!" Your mother smiled.

"Thanks mom. It's just weird since I don't have a valentine to actually go to with the dance." You told her.

"Better for me!" Your father called out from the other room.

"Don't listen to him. Besides you have friends that'll be at the party! You'll have lots of fun then." Your mother sighed.

———

Outside the school gym, kids were smoking. Some were cigarettes, some might have been weed, but you weren't focused on that. You had a plan: to find a buddy and just stick with them the entire night.

Inside the gym, kids were dancing to My Sharona their hair flying loose. You sat at a table, talking to someone as you saw your friend dancing with your friend Saul, or Slash.

A close friend of yours came by.

"Hey Y/N. Why aren't you dancing?" She asked.

"I would, but I can't find a groove yet." You told her.

"Well, I bet you'll like a song, and you'll end up dancing." She shrugged.

———

Steven waited almost half an hour for his so called 'valentine' to arrive, and when she did, she came with some other dude. He sighed across the room from where you sat. He saw you slumped in your seat, staring at your shoes until your friend appeared.

After being friends with since you were both children, Steven knew one thing: you loved to dance, especially to your favorite music. He didn't like the fact that you were hunched in your chair, eyeing the other people in boredom, staring at the clock on the gymnasium wall from time to time. He got up and asked the man in charge of the music for a favor.

——

"Anyways, I'll see you later Y/N!" Your friend waved. You slowly waved back as you rested your head on the table. You contemplated if you should just go home.

Then, the small opening of I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick started to play, and it was no surprise it was your favorite song. A small smile spread on your face as you got up to the dance floor.

——

Couples separated by themselves as they danced to the song alone, just enjoying the tune. You sung the lyrics to the song with kids you barely knew, but you were so caught in the moment you didn't even care!

"Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you crying? Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you crying? Feeling all alone without a friend you know you feel like dyin"

You were so caught in the music, you didn't realize someone patting your shoulder.

"Steven hey!" You smiled, moving your hair out of your face.

"Having fun?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am! What about you?" You questioned.

"I guess it's ok." He shrugged, as he began to pick up a rhythm as he began to dance with you.

The two of you danced for the rest of the minute or two, until the song was over.

"Let's go outside, it's hot in here." He said, fanning himself.

——

Teens were making out near the doors, as some kids blew out smoke. You rolled your eyes, but were relieved at the feel of fresh air.

"You had fun the entire time?" He asked.

"No, I just barely did. I was sitting the entire time." You laughed.

"I saw that. I was sitting too." He laughed with you.

"Did she-"

"Yeah, didn't work out too great. She came in with some other guy. I was pretty bummed about that." He shrugged.

"That sucks. I'm sorry." You told him, as you kicked a rock.

"I even got her this ring! I had been saving since January, that's why we couldn't hang out." He said as he opened the small tie bag that held a ruby ring.

"Aww I'm sorry Stevie." Your frowned as you patted his back.

"Well it was either that or my great grandmothers ring." He laughed as he pulled out the rusty yet beautiful ring.

"Good thing you didn't give that away. It's a real treasure." You told him admiring the old ring.

"I mean I was pretty bummed when I didn't have a date for this crappy dance. Hence why I was just sitting the whole time." You added.

"I guess we both just have lonely hearts." He chuckled.

"Yeah." You laughed. "I think I'm gonna head home since I'm already out here." You sighed.

"Oh. I'll walk you since it's already dark out." He insisted.

The whole walk was silent. You inhaled at the breezy air that was blowing. You watched the way water fell from the trees, falling into Steven's hair as he fiddled with the ring.

"Well we're here." You smiled.

"Yeah." He frowned.

"Thanks for walking me home. It was getting dark out, all I can see is the moon and stars." You told him admiring the sky above.

"It is a nice night, isn't it?" He said as he copied your moves, looking above as well.

"Well goodnight Adler, see you at school on Monday." You smiled as you hugged him.

"Hey Y/N?" He asked before you were about to open the door.

"What?" You asked.

"I think you deserve this more than anyone else at school, better yet the world." He said as he held your hand, and gave you a small kiss on the cheek as he hopped of the steps of your front porch.

You opened your hand to see his great grandmother's ring! You studied it. It had small stones the were perfectly placed followed by a quartz in the center, as it looked beautiful in the moonlight.

"Happy Valentines Day Y/N." He smiled as you ran down the porch stairs to hug him.

"Happy Valentines Day Steven!" You said hugging him.

You waved as you closed the door, as Steven smiled his bright smile, running down the street to his house.

"Nice ring!" Your mother exclaimed.

"Thanks." You told her.

You wanted to tell your mother how Steven gave the ring to you. You thought about how happy your mother would be, she loves Steven! You wanted to tell her how much the ring meant to him, and how he gave it to you. And most of all, you wanted to tell her how he felt great to give the ring to you, and how he wouldn't give the ring to anyone else, and how you were his number one in the world

Happy Valentines Day! I just spent my day looking at Tik toks of rockstars so I guess mine was ok lmao