13 𝓊𝓃𝓁𝓊𝒸𝓀𝓎 𝓃𝓊𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇

"Your majesty, your highness the army is back."

Clarke ran out the throne room as fast as she could. Her stomach had started to heal and though it still burned when she moved to quickly the pain had lessened. In that moment she could not think about the pain all she could think about in that moment was her long awaited revenge.

The warriors were dragging and pushing men from skycrew into the gates. Each one had a gag around his mouth. Everyone was relieved to see that only a few of their own warriors had injured. Because even though Arkadia had guns they did not stand a chance against an unexpected attack from an army of warriors who had been trained to fight since before they could walk.

"Hey he's free to go!"Clarke shouted as she ran to two warriors who were holding Kane up.

They looked at Clarke hesitantly for a moment before throwing him to the ground. Clarke rushed to Kane's side on the hard pebbles. She helped him stand and into the castle.

"What's going on Clarke?"Kane croaked as Clarke pulled out a chair for him to sit on.

She instantly began to work on the few scrapes he had gotten on his head and arm. Nothing fatal or to painful.

"One of your men shot me."Clarke spat not meaning to aim her anger on the person that had been caring for her mother.

"I was pregnant Kane."Clarke sighed, answering Kane's question of confusion.

He knew she wouldn't start a war and commit massacre just because she was shot.

"I'm so sorry."He mumbled softly and Clarke could sense nothing but honest and purity in his words, of which she was thankful for.

"Get my mum."Clarke shouted towards the doorway where two maids were standing.

The maids left to find Abby.
The sounds of screaming and crying could be heard throughout the kingdom.

The maids returned with Abby at their hip. A smile of relief washed over her face as her eyes met Kane's.

"Your ok."Abby placed her cold hands on Kane's bloody face. He smiled up at her.

Any fear he felt towards Azgeda soon gone and taken over by his love and emotion for Abby.

"Now we decide the fate of the soldiers."Clarke declared and all heads turned to her.

She smiled at them all. An evil smile that could only tell them one thing this wasn't going to go well. But at least the queen would have her justice and hopefully soon the kingdoms lives would return to a somewhat amount of normality. If normality even existed anymore, or if it ever did exist in the first place.

Roan entered the room he pushed past the maids and stood before Clarke.

"We're ready for you."He said hoarsely but glad they were finally avenging the child they never got to know.

Clarke nodded and turned to face her mum and Kane one finale time.

"Don't watch."Is all she could say before leaving them to their thoughts as she left the room with Roan at her side.

The skycrew soldiers had been taken into the back of the courtyard that was barely used and only their for appearances to make the castle look bigger and stronger than it actually was.

Each soldier was lined up with warriors either side of them. There must of been at least sixty men and woman. Not all were guilty but almost all would face the punishment of the crown.

"You are here because one of you shot the queen and killed the heir to the throne, know that when you die today you only have yourself to blame if you are spared understand that you have been given a second chance and a warning. Any of you left to live must never return to these lands again or you'll be killed on sight."Echo had been chosen to give the speech and exclamation to the guards from Arkadia. Not only because she was the kings second and a trusted party to both the king and queen but also because her voice was threatening.

On any other case it would be Roan talking as many knew how dangerous his voice appeared to be. But Roan was secretly scared his voice would crack from the pain he felt towards his dead baby. So he had given Echo the job off letting sixty plus people know they would probably be dead before the sun set.

Their were a few gasps and cries from the weaker soldiers amongst the crowd of them.

Clarke started to walk down the line each face that stood in front of her she observed.

"Safe."The first person she had chosen to let live was a young man, he had probably only just gotten the job and he still had his whole life ahead of him. So she decided to let the boy live.

Much further down the line she reached the face that she now disliked so much.

"Put him in the cells."Clarke spat as she looked deep into Bellamy's brown eyes.

He now feared Clarke. And it was evident to any who looked at him as the queen passed by him.

Once Clarke had passed everyone she nodded her head. The sound of body's colliding into the ground was loud. The people that had been relieved of the death punishment began to scream as the huge pool of blood surrounded them. The scream was ghostly and already Clarke knew it would haunt her in her nightmares for the rest of her miserable days as queen. And as human.

Birds flew off into the distance at the constant shouts and screams.

Clarke walked to Bellamy who was now looking pleadingly up at her. She pulled him up with all the strength she had and pushed him forward into the castle and down into the cells.

There was already a few prisoners in the cells. People who had committed petty crimes like theft or had been disrespectful to Roan when Echo was around to hear it.
Clarke threw Bellamy into the smallest cell. The darkest cell that stank of dying corpses. It was a cell meant for people who had committed unforgivable crimes. Most people placed into that cell ended up killing themselves to end the boredom and distress they felt within the small walls.

"I know it was you who tried to kill Roan I'll let you out in a month until then you'll rot in here."Clarke spat, literally spat into Bellamy's face.

She slammed the cell door shut behind her and made a point to louden the sound of her footsteps as she left the dark chambers and returned to freedom.

Roan was waiting for her, blood dripping down his face.

"Do you feel better?"Roan asked almost scared to even speak as they walked down the sparkling halls to the hall where Clarke had told Abby and Kane to wait for her.

"Do you?"

Neither dared answer because answering with the haunted 'no' would only make the sad reality of the situation worse. They had just killed 49 people. Most who had no idea what they had done wrong.

Clarke thought after killing the soldiers she would feel fine. Better than fine happy. But she did not feel fine. She did not feel happy. All she felt was grief.

It was now becoming harder to believe that she would ever feel anything again besides grief and loss.

"It's done 49 dead the rest will already be on there way back to Arkadia I'm keeping Bellamy here for a month."Clarke hugged her mum goodbye.

"Anyone I know personally is alive mum."Clarke assured to answer her mum's nervous expression.

She knew why her mum was worried. One of Abby's friends was one of the soldiers. But Clarke had let Miller's dad live as it would be cruel to tear the father away from one of the last living hundred. He was also one of the good ones.

"Goodbye."

Clarke watched from the golden doorframe as her mum and Kane rode out of the majestic gates and back to Arkadia. Once their silhouettes had disappeared to far in the distance for her to see anymore she turned her back on them.

Now she could finally focus on finding happiness again if it was possible.