6 𝒾 𝒹𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒

Roan had woken up before Clarke so he could prepare the horses for a day trip he had planned.

Once the ice nation stallions were ready to go, he returned to Clarke's room where they had both ended up sleeping the night before. He hated seeing her in so much pain because of a nightmare.

Her room was slightly smaller than his, but the curtains were thicker and more fluffy animal skins lined the broken floorboards.

"I have a surprise."

Clarke jumped from the bed, she winced at the sunlight as it seeped through the fractured windows. She was excited for whatever surprise Roan had.

"I'm ready."Clarke pulled on a purple cardigan, the hem was ripped but it was still beautiful and matched her purple ribbons that hung loosely within her braids.

"You look beautiful."Roan missed the top of Clarkes forehead, a rosy blush creeped across her cheeks.

They walked down the grand halls, hand in hand, and out of the main door's that stood proudly in the centre of the large brick wall.

The kingdom was busy with preparing the daily market. Children ran across the courtyard playing with deflated balls from the old world, whilst older teens trained with warriors, preparing them for a life in battle. A life full of loss and mourning.

Roan helped Clarke onto the large stallion, normally they would ride separate horses. But today he knew Clarke was fragile from her mother's appearance. He wanted to be with her whenever he could. So, Roan scooped onto the back of the horse holding Clarke tightly as she pulled on the leather reins.

"Are you ok?"Roan asked breaking the silence that had been between them since they left the castle walls.

"No."Was her simple and truthful answer, she knew there was no point in lying. Roan could always read through her.

They continued to ride through a few more hours until Roan finally brought them to a halt. Clarke smiled at the familiar surroundings.

Bluebells decorated the lands as sunshine lit up the trees.

Roan held out his hands and Clarke gladly took them.

For a moment, a very short moment her world stopped. All that could be heard was her heartbeat as it hammered out of her chest.

Roan was kneeling on the ground, still holding her hands.

"Clarke Griffin marry me and not because your mother says so but because I-I love you."

Tears poured down Clarke's cheeks, tears of joy and excitement and happiness.

"Yes."Clarke whispered so softly her reply was almost unheard.

A laugh escaped her lips as Roan placed the silver ring onto her finger. It sparkled as the sun hit it.

"I love you to."She squealed as Roan lifted her up into his arms and swung her around.

She felt like she was in a dream, and that any moment now she would wake up in the castle.

"Your mine now."Roan placed Clarke down on the grass and hugged her tightly, his chin resting on the top of her forehead and her tears of joy soaked his shirt and dropped down his metal armor.

"I've been yours since the day you found me in the woods."

Bird songs in the distance echoed through the field of bluebells. The sun was starting to go down. They both knew it was time to return to the azgedian castle before Abby and Kane left to go back to Arkadia and the sky people.