7 𝓅𝒶𝒾𝓃

A long month later and the royal wedding planning had begun. It was an exhausting process but in the end it would be worth all the trouble. The whole kingdom was ecstatic about the union they had seen coming for a long time. At first ice nation were weary of the sky princess purely because she fell from the sky, and was not used to there traditions. But somewhere along the way the ruthless, dangerous clan fell in love with the mighty Wanheda. Not only did they care for her as an equal but they wanted her to be their queen. As she had so much power and love for them.

Clarke was becoming more and more nervous as the day neared. Not because she was marrying the man she loved but because the day she was united with the king of ice nation was the day she became queen of ice nation. She knew her reign would be hard and stressful, but this time she wouldn't be leading alone and she wouldn't be the leader making the hard decisions.

And as selfish as it sounded she was incredibly relieved that Roan was the one who would be making the tough decisions, that no person should make alone by himself. Because Clarke couldn't face being that kind of leader again. Not now not ever.

Clarke sat with Tim on the windowsill braiding pieces of his hair that needed cutting. The young boy had refused to get his hair cut as liked wearing it in short braids like the older men and women.

"Will your friends be coming to the wedding Clarke?"Tims small innocent voice filled the room.

Clarke didn't know who was coming to the wedding. Of course her mother would be there and that meant hopefully Kane, the man she had come to trust with her mothers well-being would be attending to. But she didn't know whether her friends would be coming. Obviously she didn't expect any of them to come watch her on the day that's meant to be the happiest day of her life, when she had caused them so much trauma and pain. But it would be nice if the Blake siblings and her friends from the 100 came to see her.

"I don't think so little one."Is all she could answer, not wanting to get the boys hopes up that he would be meeting his aunts, and the only mother figure he had's friends.

"Who will be walking you down the aisle?"Tim asked as if it were an obvious question.

But it was another question Clarke had no idea how to answer because she had no idea what the truth was. Her father was dead. Maybe if she had spent more time with Kane he could've walked her down the aisle. But it would feel wrong when she knew so little about him. Yes, he had become a good person since landing on the ground but being a good person did not make him a good father figure. And that was not his fault which she understood.

Maybe she would walk down the aisle by herself. She had done lots of things by herself so walking alone for twenty seconds while her people gave her sympathy looks wouldn't be to bad. Not when she knew at the end of the line was the person she would spend forever with.

"I think I'll be walking myself down the aisle."Clarke shrugged it off like it was nothing but really it broke her heart.

It was one thing that she would be walking down the aisle alone it was another that her father wouldn't be there to watch her. He wouldn't be there to compliment how beautiful she looked in her white, royal dress and tell her how proud of her he had become. He wouldn't be there to give her away. But maybe she was given away, along time ago. Maybe the day she watched her father be floated as she cried into her mothers arms was the day she became her own person.

"Sorry to intrude ma'am I've come to get Timothy ready for his morning training."One of Roans generals announced from the doorway.

The young boy hugged his aunt and gave her a small smile.

Clarke watched as he ran off out the door, she was once again alone to her thoughts. She was once again alone to her feelings and she didn't intend to keep any of it bottled in. So she let it all out.