1 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒾 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊.

"May we meet again." The last words she ever said to her bestfriend, her co leader remained drilled in her mind. Every night Clarke would fall asleep and the image of her leaving Bellamy would replay throughout her sleep.

Some may consider the goodbye to be a dream that offered a sense of peace but Clarke sought to it as a nightmare because it was a constant reminder that she hadn't said goodbye to anybody else. She hadn't said goodbye to her own mother or her friends.

Suddenly, Clarke was jolted awake by the sounds of the forest. The sounds of footsteps treading through mud and snapping twigs approached her.

"The great Wanheda."

The voice was unfamiliar and terrifying it held pain and loss but it was also the voice of a murderer.

Clarke picked herself up from the leaves where she had slept the night before. It was hard sleeping in the lonely forest as the constant sound of animals and birds echoed through the trees.

"Who are you?"Clarke looked at the man, his face was covered by a mask but she could make out his eyes they were enchanting and offered a sense of comfort and safety even though she had never looked into those eyes before.

Soon after the man broke the trance by yanking on Clarke's arms and pulling her through the trees.

"I've heard rumours about you, the mountain slayer their calling you Wanheda, commander of death on the streets which can only mean one thing theirs a bounty on your head I intend to bring you back to azgeda before the commander can get her hands on you."

Clarke was pushed into a cave, the rocks were sharp and cut into her skin but it was nice to be sitting on something other than mud and leaves for the first time in two months.

"I'm Roan."

It was a beautiful name, unlike any name Clarke had heard on the ark but also more normal than most grounder names.

"Clarke."She answered back not meeting the mans gaze.

Roan took of his black hood revealing his face and the war paint that covered it. Two prominent scars spanned across the sides of his cheeks in two crescent moon shapes.

"Who are you?"Clarke asked, she had nothing left to loose.

"The king of Azgeda."

A long silence followed, Clarke to afraid and to tired to even comprehend the fact the king was kidnapping her when he could've just sent one of his warriors to do it. And Roan to scared to push away the prettiest and bravest girl he had ever seen, before they could even become friends or at the most allies.

Roan had become king three years ago on his 18th birthday. Lexa had killed his mother; who he didn't care for let alone love but it did mean Roan was forced into the crown. Everyone feared him for everyone knew of the terrible things he had done, all the people he had killed.

Once, Roan knew that Clarke was asleep he let himself get some rest. But he was awoken by screams.

"Clarke!"He shouted at the sweating girl.

Clarke jumped up from the cave floor, making her wince in pain she had preferred the mud and leaves to the hard rock but at least it offered shelter from the rain and wind.

"Nightmares?"

Clarke nodded hesitantly she didn't want the man abducting her to think she was weak.

"We all have them."

Soon after they began to walk through the gloomy forest again with Roan dragging Clarke by a rope. He had loosened the tightness of the rope around her wrists which she was grateful for.