14 𝓊𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓅𝑒𝒸𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒻𝒶𝒸𝑒𝓈

Clarke stared outside the window. She never took her eyes of the city as the days passed by her. Maybe if she was stronger or someone else she would be able to find happiness once again.

She had learned a lot in the time she had been staring outside the smudged window and down on the kingdom.

For example nobody was truly happy. Whenever someone turned there back on another the persons smile fell. The whole world was a load of crap about being happy, but nobody's happy so why did society expect her to be. That was one thing she had come to know another was that every human was selfish.

Whether they were selfishly in love with another stopping them from being able to see past their heart. Or if they were spitefully selfish on people below them to take their anger out on someone.

There was a knock at the door and Clarke was torn from her seat in front of the window. She threw on a a long loose purple dress and splashed her face with makeup so she would look somewhat alive to whoever was standing outside the door.

"Enter."She called and the maids ran into the room and began to clean it.

Truthfully it was a mess. Clarke had moved back into her old room not long after the massacre. She was pushing Roan away and everyone knew that.

Clarke hurried down the stone stairs to the cellar.

Nervously, she tiptoed past the cells that were not empty. It was time for Bellamy to leave.

"Today's the day."

Clarke grabbed the key from her pocket and spun it in the keyhole. The metal door opened and Bellamy walked out with dark bags under her us eyes and his hands tied together with a tough rope that dug into his skin making it bleed and bruise.

"I told your sister but she refused to come get you so I can expect Murphy and Monty will be waiting for you."

Clarke pushed Bellamy out the door. Her own eyes winced at the sun as did Bellamy's. She looked away from the bright sky to Bellamy's concerned face as he stared down at her. Wondering why the queen of ice nation would be so hurt by the light if she was in it everyday.

But she wasn't in the sunlight everyday in fact she barely left her room and when she did it was to see Timothy who would constantly be begging they play a game of hide and seek.

"I'm sorry for everything."Bellamy's voice cracked.

Clarke looked up at the face she had become so familiar with. A part of her wanted to hug Bellamy and never let go. But another part of her wanted him dead because he was going to kill her husband, the one person who would always put her first.

"Goodbye bell."She whispered.

Bellamy walked out of the gates and to the rover that sat waiting for him with Murphy and Monty inside.

The sound of the rovers engine was carried through the wind until it was far into the woods and away from the castle. With it the person Clarke had once considered her bestfriend.

Clarke made her way past the huts and to the graveyard that stood at the back of the castle surrounded by tulips.

She crouched down in front of the smallest grave that had flowers laying over it. It was clearly the newest and the most cared for her.

It belonged to the unborn child Clarke had never got to know. She never found out the gender of the baby and she didn't want to know after it had died so instead of naming it Jacob after her father or Charlotte after the child who had killed herself all those years ago.
She named it Sonraun. Which in trig meant life. She considered it a gender neutral name and perfectly ironic for the dead baby. Nobody but herself an Roan knew the real reason behind the name. With sonrauns death died Clarke Griffin. The pained girl that was haunted by Mount weather.