11 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝑔𝑒𝒹𝓎

It was Clarke's third day alone and she was finally starting to get used to the empty space in the bed where Roan slept and to the emptiness her heart felt when he was not with her.

She had managed to get her letter to a messenger and he assured her the letter to Abby would be at Arkadia within the day hopefully that meant Abby was already reading the letter Clarke had sent the day before.

Drops of rain fell from the gloomy trees as Clarke searched for her next meal. She was a good hunter but carrying the extra wait of the ever growing baby inside her didn't help.

She was stealthy through the woods and barely made a sound as she followed animal tracks.

The air was damp and the forest floor was muddy but soon it would dry from the warming sun.

A shiver crawled down her spine and she grabbed onto the cuffs off her jacket to keep her warm but it did little to keep the harsh winds from colliding with her skin.

She was delving deeper into the woods and further away from the sweet little cottage but it didn't matter because she was still in the safety of ice nation borders. So anybody who tried to hurt her in her land would be in the wrong.

It wasn't that Clarke was afraid of the dark forest but she was terrified of what might lay beneath the over crowding trees. After she heard that it was Bellamy who wanted the king, her husband dead her mind had been rotting with these awful thoughts that maybe someone from skycrew would try and hurt her. Not recognizing who she was.

Clarke couldn't deny that she didn't look different from the young 17 year old girl who was sent to the ground to die. Because that would be a lie. Not only had she mentally changed from her trauma and her memories of Mount weather. But she had also physically changed. Now her face was covered in the symbols of an ice nation queen. Her hair was still blonde but she never wore it down loosely anymore. It was always kept in tight braids.

The shadows of the trees were becoming more evident she was readying herself to turn back and go without lunch today. It wouldn't be a big deal she could just come out later and hunt for dinner or go without food and go on an early hunt tomorrow morning while most animals were still asleep and not on high alert.

But a twig snapped in the distance, a foolish move by whoever was watching her. It made his position in the woods clear to Clarke. She could guess he was about ten meters away from her towards her left. And her suspicions were confirmed when she saw a pile of bushes that could hide a person well enough for them to not be caught.

"Come out."Clarke ordered she raised her knife and her fist in front of her face.

But who she saw coming out of the brambles of bushes completely threw her off guard. It wasn't like she knew the face that stood before her but she could recognize the clothes he wore from anywhere.

"Grounder."The man spat.

And before Clarke could defend herself and her true identity the man was lunging towards her. But Clarke wouldn't go out that easily she had been trained by Roan and Echo.

The stranger swung his fists out and threw a punch at Clarke's face, she dodged it and swung her body to the right so she was taking command in the fight. She raised her knife to his arm and cut down he bled out and his screams sounded through the forest. But the fight wasn't over and the man wouldn't give up that easily. He grabbed the gun that Clarke hadn't seen from his back pocket.

Clarke couldn't breathe for a moment as the man held the gun to her face. She was certain her gasp could be heard for miles.

The man pulled the lever on the pistol and the bullet went flying into Clarkes abdomen . She grabbed hold of her stomach and screamed in pain as the stranger ran away from her. Leaving her to bleed out in the woods.