5 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒾𝓈𝓈𝓊𝑒𝓈

Clarke woke up like she had every day she spent at the castle. But today Roan had woken before her which was surprising seeming he was not keen on early mornings.

As soon as she was downstairs, Roan's eye looked over to her, before handing her a handful of berries and a plate of bread with honey.

"I'm glad your eating again" He seemed a little distracted, taking in the sight of her.

She smiled softly at the king, the man she loved.

"Thank you."

He nodded, before motioning for her to follow him with his left hand. When the grand doors opened, she was sent back to the night before. The village's main focus was no longer on her and Roan as they released the lanterns, but on one another.

Young children played with each other, people traded at the market. There was many smiling faces, and a song of laughter.

Clarke decided she had no clue who the Ice Nation really was until this moment. She knew they weren't nearly as bad as they were depicted but here on years day she really understood who they were.

The warriors, with their faces painted white had families too. Had people they cared about. People they were willing to do whatever it takes to protect. Clarke can relate to that.

They spent the entire day, and evening exploring the market and interacting with the villagers.

Clarke enjoyed watching as Roan played tag with several children, before she was asked to join in. Soon she found herself being chased by three little girls, right into the arms of Roan.

"Careful." His eyes looked into hers deeply.

That week went by fast. Every morning Roan would take her somewhere new, and every night they would take turns telling each other stories from their opposite childhoods. A random collection of events leading them to where they were now. Together.

It was the start of there second week back in ice nation since returning, Roan insisted he teach her how to fight, or at least the basics. Clarke knew how to use a gun and she had an amazing shot but when it came to swords she nothing other than the few things echo had taught her in their spare time.

"You've kill more people than I have." His words weren't said to pain her. He knew how much she regretted Mount weather and how guilt made her but it was the truth.
"That was because of technology and you being in the place you were at the time. You also had your friends helping you. When it comes to sword fighting you're useless with a weapon that isn't a gun."

Roan went towards the large stables to grab their swords, as Clarke thought about what he said, it was the truth and she was glad that somebody finally spoke reality to her instead of trying to pretend that mass genocide wasn't a big deal.

"Seems like Wanheda isn't the best name for me then."Clarke chuckled mockingly at the awful nickname.

"I much prefer calling you queen anyway."

When he handed her a sword, she turned it over in the palm of her hand, admiring the beauty of it. It wasn't to heavy or too light. It had stars cut out in the sides. Strangely, she loved the sword and how it looked, why was a weapon that would end lives beautiful?

"I had it made for you by the finest craftsmen."

"Finally. I was wondering when I would get my Christmas gift."Clarke chuckled and Roan looked down at her a smile spreading across his face.

He spent the next few hours teaching her strategies and different techniques. Clarke was pushed to the ground many times by the end of Roan's sword. He tried to be gentle with her and she was secretly great full for that.