Chapter II

The adrenaline flooded her system at full pelt. Her heart seemed like it would explode at any moment. Her body wanted to either run fast for the hills or work to find weaponry, but instead she stayed right where she was, hopelessly sitting and waiting for Zaheer's harsh words. She wanted to quell the hammering in her chest, but there's no way that would be able to happen now. This was all her fault and she knew it; she was prepared for the consequences. Her adrenaline surged again in a wave , almost making the poor girl vomit , she could feel the saliva thickening in her mouth creating a repulsive paste. The two sat in silence as Zaheer slipped through page after page . At some point Korra will have to move, this silence is deafening her at every second.

Suddenly, Zaheer stopped flipping through pages and clumped his hands together.
"Korra, you know why you're here."

The girl couldn't speak, her lips were dry and she was afraid that if she opened her mouth her anxiousness would flow out in an unpleasant manner. Instead , she simply nodded.

"You failed , not only me but your parents as well,"
Those words hurt more than the pellet from the musket a few moments ago, she sat up straight and listened to the man infront of her.
"You have jeopardised your identity because of a foolish mistake. Everyone in this city knows your face."

Korra winced, if she would've took a little bit longer double checking her surroundings in Mr Sato's office that time then she wouldn't be here right now.
"But.. you are the most skilled member I have here. The most loyal one too," Zaheer sighed, stacking his papers up neatly before placing them to the side.
"Perhaps letting you do it by yourself was a mistake on my behalf."

Korra's eyes widened slightly at his words. Was he seriously going to let her get away with this?

"I'm glad that you managed to escape, with an injury like that, it must've been difficult. Does your shoulder need attending to ?" The man said in a slight worried tone.

The poor woman swallowed her fear and cleared her throat.
"No sir, Kuvira has cleaned it and stitched it already."

Zaheer nodded and took a page from the top of his pile of paper, he slid it over the wooden table and in front of Korra.
"Once you're fit and well, I have a new contract for you."

Korra knitted her eyebrows together and read the ink that formed into words on the page infront of her, she took a hold of the black and white photos of a girl, a woman in fact.
"What did she do?" Korra asks, looking at more photos to create an image in her head. The target. Such a shame that this beautiful woman had landed into a contract that Korra was assigned to.

The bald man shuffled in his seat and stared at the blue eyed woman .
"Nothing."

Korra frowned in confusion , dropping the photos immediately.
"Then what would killing this woman do? She's done nothing wrong. That would throw the world out of balance."

Zaheer dropped a photo of a man infront of her. A man she knew all too well and it angered her to see his face again.
"Hiroshi has a family," Zaheer explained, crossing his arms.

"Yes, a wife and a daughter. He told me when he had our little chat in his office." Korra scoffed, her eyes glaring daggers at the picture in front of her.

Zaheer smirked, sliding the contract that he gave her first into her view once again.
"Kill Asami Sato."

Korra froze again , looking up to meet Zaheers eyes to see if he was being serious. This isn't what she vowed to, devoted her life to. To murder an innocent citizen. Her job was to protect the innocent by completing these contracts that she was assigned to. To murder the criminals that threw the world out of balance . That is what she grew up to do, that is her purpose.
"That is going against my vow . I can't ."