Chapter XXVIII

An awful sound errupted from the grand piano, making everyone in the room cringe at the sound. Bolin immediately recoiled his hands from the keys and chuckled in embarassment. He turned to Yasuko who sat beside him with an apologetic gaze.
"Whoops?"

Yasuko chuckled and smiled at the Lance Corporal.
"Don't you worry Bolin. I don't expect you to get it right the first time." She said, placing her own hands on the keys. She delicately pressed on them, creating a much better sound than he did.
"Start it slow so you know what you're doing."

She finished her little demonstration and gestured for the solider to try again. Bolin huffed in confidence and placed his hands in the right positions on the keyboard. He pressed the keys he was told to press and a nice tune errupted from the strings of the piano, it wasn't perfect but the passion was somewhat there.

Once he was done, Asami and Yasuko applauded him for his efforts.
"Good Job Bolin. That almost sounded like Für Elise ." The younger woman joked.

"Thanks Asami. It's a lot harder than it looks I must admit." He responds getting up from the piano stool. He gave her a smug smile and pointed to the piano.
"I'd like to see you try though."

Asami cocked an eyebrow at the personal guard. Was that a challenge?
"With pleasure." She calmly said, swivelling around the structure so she could take a seat next to her mother. Yasuko had taught her this tune when she was younger... before she gave up with the lessons of course. Yasuko smiled at her daughter as the feathery notes echoed throughout the room. There was no doubt that it was better than Bolin's attempt, but it wasn't as good as Yasuko's of course. Bolin watched in amazement as the younger woman's fingers glided across the keys, producing the mellow sounds.

"Ok, that was impressive." Bolin admitted once she had stopped playing. Asami giggled and stood up, leaving the piano all to her mother.
"Thank you, however that's the only song I know how to play." She responded. Well, the only song where she had the patience to learn. She almost gave up on it too. She was glad she didn't.
"Sergeant." Bolin called, turning towards the woman who stood at attention by the doors.
"Do you know how to play?"

The Sergeant shook her head with a smile.
"Piano is not my forte." She replied.
"On the other hand, Guitar is a different story."

"I never knew you could play Guitar Su." Yasuko laughed, playing a few notes on the piano in a jolly melody.

The Sergeant chuckled. She hadn't touched a guitar in years but she could still remember a chord or two.
"You learn something new everyday." She joked, making all of them giggle.

"What about the Captain?" Bolin asked, folding his arms as a smug smile plastered across his lips. He couldn't imagine Lin Beifong doing anything like this.

"Lin never excelled in a muscial instrument." Suyin said, snickering at the memory of her sister getting frustrated over a wooden structure with strings on it.
"As serious as she can be, Lin was actually a really good dancer."

"Dancer?" Asami repeated as she gave her mother a glance. They both weren't expecting that and it shows.

"I'd prefer if you didn't notify the Captain that I told you that." Suyin commented. Lin would definitely have her head on a stick if she knew her 'secret talent' was out of the bag.

Bolin let out a laugh before he responded to the Sergeant.
"Why not? I think it would be quite funny."

"Bolin if you want to be given more work in the holidays, then be my guest." Suyin uttered out, making Bolin shake his head instantly.

"Nevermind that then, my lips are sealed." He corrected as he pretened to zip his lips closed.

The three women laughed at his child actions before they went silent, listening to the notes Yasuko was producing. Suyin raised an eyebrow as she heard commotion coming from the other side of the door. She turned herself around and reached for the handle in order to pull it open and see what was going on. Before she could even touch the handle, the doors burst open; making Yasuko abruptly stop her piano playing.