Chapter IX

The fear hovered around her, it was like a pillow had covered her mouth and nose and prevented her from breathing. She felt her hands shaking from behind her back as Zaheer lectured them. Telling him their plan didn't exactly go the way they thought it would and now, he was mad. Really mad. This was something they didn't prepare for.

"Korra. I thought we made an agreement that your contract was Asami Sato." The large man bellowed, turning his attention to the trembling girl beisde her. They were both afraid.
"And you. Your contract was Yasuko Sato."

Kuvira swallowed her nerves and took in a deep breath.
"Completing those contracts goes against our vows Sir." She said.
"We only want Mr Sato."

Zaheer slammed his fist against his desk, making the poor girls jump.
"You pledged your loyalty to me." He replied coldly.

It was Korra's turn to speak up.
"We vowed to only murder those who threw the world out of balance. We had this conversation before Sir, right here in this office."

"Enough!" He silenced Korra, it was clear he was getting frustrated.
"You vowed to follow my orders and I'm ordering you to complete the contracts I assigned you to do."

The blue eyed woman spoke up again, ignoring her nerves.
"Please sir, give us a chance to complete the contract with Hiroshi's name on it. This will work, Hiroshi is good as dead; you have my word."

Zaheer shot her a glare, his eyes full of rage.
"This is what you told me last time. But Hiroshi is still living. He's still breathing this very air."

Korra was getting worked up now. She clenched her jaw in order to try and calm herself down but it didn't work. She snapped.
"That wasn't my fault! You said so yourself, I needed another person with me!"

"Shut your mouth!" Zaheer had reached over his desk and planted a hard slap across Korra's face.
"You have forced me to make a decision. Amon." As soon as he called that name, the office door had opened. Amon followed by a few other Red Lotus members piled in and stood at the back of the room patiently.

Kuvira gulped and kept her eyes forward.
"What might that decision be sir?"

Zaheer sat back down in his seat and sighed.
"I will have to assign Eska and Desna to these contracts since you two aren't willing to do them yourselves."

Korra's cheek stung but that didn't stop her from talking.
"What!"

Zaheer motioned for the Guild members at the back to restrain the two girls. Korra jumped as a strong pair of hands gripped onto her shoulders.
"You both have broken your vows. You refused to follow simple orders and this calls for drastic measures."
Korra tried to struggle against the men's grip but she couldn't break free.
"Your parents would be so disappointed in you Korra."

Kuvira was frozen in shock, she didn't even realise that she was also getting restrained by one of her own people. Her eyes watched as her friend , her sister figure was dragged out of the office; her ears ringing as she could see the pain on Korra's face. She was yelling but Kuvira couldn't hear a thing, where were they taking her? When Kuvira started to get pushed towards the door, she snapped back to reality.

"Please Sir! I'll do anything." She begged, struggling against the men's grip on her shoulders.
"I'm a good doctor ! Let me renovate my mistakes! please!" Shouting like this was no use, it was like Zaheer wasn't even listening. Kuvira closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
"I pledge my loyalty to you Zaheer!"

That was what Zaheer wanted to hear, he put his hand up and the Guild members immediately let go of Kuvira.
"Very well." He said.

Kuvira panted, adrenaline rushing around her body.
"Where did you take Korra?"