Chapter XXVI

"Hiroshi I'll be fine. Just watch." Yasuko chuckled as she slapped her husbands shoulder playfully.

"It's only been a few days Yasuko, It's not normal for you to be walking right now." The man sighed as he held out his arms just in case his wife's legs gave way. Asami smiled at the scene, they were always like this.

The younger girl was quite energetic after the nap she had taken earlier when Korra visited her, but her assassin had to leave an hour after. So, instead Asami decided to check up on her mother; turns out her father had the same idea.

"Well, I have made a remarkable recovery. I feel perfectly fine. You don't need to worry." Yasuko explained, letting her feet hit the floor of the medical room. She stood up, swaying slightly as her legs were still a little weak but she quickly regained her balance. Asami watched in amazment as her mother begun to walk around the room like there was nothing wrong with her to begin with, she had completely recovered from the gun shot wound in a few days. Yasuko looked at her husband with a smirk which caused him to playfully roll his eyes.
"Told you so."

"That's quite incredible that you can walk with ease now." Sergeant Beifong commented as she stood next to Asami. Captain Beifong agreed with a nod.

Hiroshi smiled at the Sergeant before turning back to his wife.
"What did the nurses give you?" He asked with a chuckle.

Asami filtered out of the conversation her parents were having and turned to the Sergeant that stood next to her.
"I let Opal off for a few days."

"You have?" Suyin questioned, feeling quite thankful that she did. Opal hadn't visited the rest of the family in a while. They would love to see her.
"What ever for?"

"I've noticed that she hasn't been home for a while, so I let her off today." Asami explained, but that wasn't exactly the whole reason. She had blurted it out in an attempt to make Opal leave her room in an instant. She literally just wanted Opal out of the room in that moment when Korra arrived at her window earlier. Sending her home for a few days was the only thing she could come up with.

"Thank you Miss Sato. I appreciate it." Suyin thanked with a smile, converting her eyes back to Yasuko who was still walking around perfectly.

"No problem. And Su, you can call me Asami." The younger woman replied, smiling at the Sergeant.
"You've known me long enough."

Suyin luaghed and just nodded her head. She had known Asami since she was a little girl during her years of service to the Satos.
"Your mother has made quite a recovery, how do you feel about that?"

"I'm ecstatic of course, it's just very unusual for it to be this quick." Asami responded, still wondering what Korra used on Yasuko for her to be this well. It truly was magic.

"Indeed." Suyin agreed, clasping her hands behind her back. The older woman leaned closer to Asami so she could mutter into her ear, she didn't want her sister to hear their conversation.
"The Captain knows who shot your mother." She changed the subject slightly, making Asami raise an eyebrow at her. Suyin looked towards her sister who was standing at attention as she looked out of the winodw in the medical room.

"She had told me she injured one, but she never told me she knew who took the shot." Asami responded, remembering how she had stitched up Korra's room that night. The first time they met.

"Lin had told me she recognised the one she injured. Her face was covered but Lin had seen her movements before." Suyin explained, recalling what her sister had told her.

"Who was it?" Asami asked, already knowing who she was on about.

"She thinks that Korra Smith had pulled the trigger." Suyin finished, folding her arms now.